Weird cpu?

Just oc'ed my FX 4100 from 3.6 ghz to 4.4. When I use Core Temp 1.0 i see the ghz going from 1.6 to 4.4 in 3 seconds! This is when only looking at the desktop(no games running). The temperature is going from 6C to 20C.
My question: Is this bad or can I just let it be like this. And if it is bad: What can I do?
9 answers Last reply
More about weird
  1. It may be that your PC is trying to be more power friendly and will only go up to 4.4GHz when needing to :)
  2. And it''s not doing this in 3 seconds, it's doing this way more often. But you don't see it, because Core Temp only measures it ever some 100ms. :)
  3. 6C to 20C isnt right

unless your ambient temperature is below 0c

or you are using cooling beyond water

try realtemp
  4. Thank you :D
  5. What cooling are you using? I got my FX 4100 up to 4.4 on stock and it'd almost reach 70C. Now on 4.2 it reaches 60 at the most.
  6. montosaurous said:
    What cooling are you using? I got my FX 4100 up to 4.4 on stock and it'd almost reach 70C. Now on 4.2 it reaches 60 at the most.

yeah thats what i said

his handles norwegianski

maybe hes got it outdoors in norway :D

its snow cooled :D
  7. @mcnumpty you know what, I actually saw a video on youtube of a guy cooling his pc from the outside, he lived in Calgary. His temps were like negative 2C haha and +5 at a 5ghz overclock
  8. bamanec said:
    @mcnumpty you know what, I actually saw a video on youtube of a guy cooling his pc from the outside, he lived in Calgary. His temps were like negative 2C haha and +5 at a 5ghz overclock

yeah have seen something like that where they put a tube like you use for a tumble drier through the wall and sucked the freezing cold air in

though think every thing in the pc has to be sealed with something because of condensation
  9. though not as extreme

theres a thread here on thg where the guy uses below ambient watercooling

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/275185-11-exploring-ambient-water-cooling
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Temp