Wi-Fi dropping in and out

Jallbo

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Just a couple of days ago i got a strange problem with my wifi and I am really not sure what may have caused it to suddenly stop working. Just last week it was working fine but now all of a sudden when I use wifi on my devices (such as my phone and ipod) it wont keep a strong signal even though im 5 feet from my router. NOTE: All devices have great connection when running off a ethernet cable.

Basic details:
-I am using a D-Link 615 Wireless N (e3 revision) Router.
-Currently residing in a college residence (Many WiFi networks).
-The WiFi was working for a month since I moved into residence but as of SEPT 27TH 2011 it has been giving intermittent WiFi connection.
-I have the following set up; Xbox 360 (Ethernet), Desktop(Ethernet), Samsung Galaxy S (WiFi), iPod Touch 2G (WiFi), Laptop-Dell XPS 15 (WiFi)+(Ethernet).
-When I use an Ethernet on my laptop the internet works fine, but when I use WiFi, continuously every 2-5 seconds I will get a limited or no connection and it then connects again, followed by disconnecting and it repeats this over and over.
-On my phone (Samsung Galaxy S) and iPod it will say obtaining IP, and then it connects followed by disconnection, and it will obtain IP and verify, but every few seconds it will continuously disconnect and reconnect.
-I have a utility-software which tells me WiFi frequency and which WiFi channel people around me are using. My WiFi appears to have great signal strength and is on its own channel.

Troubleshooting details:
-I have tried downloading a driver update for my router, but it seems all is up to date.
-I have disconnected my router and reconnected it sometime later.
-I have re-entered my network information on all WiFi devices.
none of those have fixed the problem

Any tips on what might be causing this sudden problem and is there anyway to avoid resetting my router (last resort for me)?

Jallbo

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

Well, I just reinstalled the whole router again, i changed my network name, and the full 9 yards, but still, I am getting this WiFi interruption problem :(.
Im able to connect to the Wifi, its my devices will only connect for 2-3 seconds and than disconect for 2-3 seconds than reconect for 2-3 seconds followed by disconnecting for 2-3 seconds... Im able to receive packets of data, but I cant download any apps off the app store because I dont have a solid connection...
How can I disable my WiFi security?

asusag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

I just moved in to a new condo and am having the exact same issues with all my devices. Did you ever find a resolution for this issue?