GPU and PSU

Jon2012

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I have and Inspiron 570and I wanted to know if A new GPU will be compatible with it

GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-150-560&SortField=3&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

and if so then i will neeed a new PSU and i was thinking this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-152-028&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

I have a AMD Athlon II X2 250 ( 2 CPUs) 3.0 Ghz processor
im not sure if i have enough slots and this is what i think the slots are: PCIe x16(1), PCIe x 1(1), PCI(2

I really need some help

Hi there, worry not, help is what we're here for :D

first of all, may I ask what you need the GPU for? I presume it's for gaming, in which case what is your monitor resolution and what types of game you play (as well as your budget) would help me give you a more definitive recommendation. the radeon 6770 is a good card, but it's on the entry level side and may or may not do everything you'd like it to.

as for the power supply, may I recommend this one instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027&Tpk=corsair%20500
I know it's a bit pricier, but corsair's a very good brand in power supplies, and it's arguable the single component in a computer that's worth spending a little extra on (it doesn't become obsolete in 2-3 years, and if a bad one blows, it can take your entire system with it)

You don't want a Chokemax PSU. A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. The Antec VP-450 is a notable exception, and is a good PSU. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands. If it has "max" in its name and isn't Enermax, it isn't; the "max" is a reference to the number and/or cost of the parts it will take with it when it dies.

chinese man

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
。。。i think you should upgrade all ablout CPUandPSU,what is the psu you have now,570 i think should match a AMD955 or better,and the psu should at least match 450w fixed,and you can pay attention the psu's 12v export,it should be at least 35A. I'm a chinese,the express is not good,i hope you can understand.haha

chinese man

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
so now you should change your graphics,or not upgrade all ablout CPUandPSU~~~it decided what you will use the computer
if you only change the psu,your AMD250 cannot express GTX570,the 570can only express maybe 60% power.it is waste~~~~

for tera and guild wars (2 in the future), a 6770 is sufficient. if you want to be a little safter for GW2, something like a radeon 6870 will probably max it out on your resolution.

go for a decent 500 or 550W PSU, definitely one of the brands jtt recommended. I recommended the corsair 500W one above, antec has a 500W at the same price :) and I"m sure some of the other good brands do as well

you do not need anything like a gtx570 for what you want to do now. and if you need it in the future, you'd probably be upgrading the rest of your system with it anyway. the good news is, if you buy that corsair PSU, it'll still be useful :)