Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Crossfire 2 HD 7750 Cards? Conflicting Answers.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 26, 2012 3:04:54 PM

I was looking at the Newegg site at HD 7750s. Every single card has in the 'Details' section that it doesn't do Crossfire...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

Yet when I go to the AMD site and check their Crossfire Compatibility Chart, it clearly shows that a HD 7750 can be Xfired with another HD 7750 or an HD 7770.
http://sites.amd.com/PublishingImages/Public/Graphic_Il...

What am I to believe?

Best solution

a c 174 U Graphics card
June 26, 2012 3:20:04 PM

They work in CrossfireX, and use the PCIE slot, not an additional hardware bridge.
In general, you would be better served by a single, more powerful card than two relatively weak ones. Yes, I've seen some benchmarks putting CrossfireXed HD7750s at or above a GTX560Ti, but I'd bet that microstutter would be very noticeable. Better to spend the same amount (or a little more) on the GTX560Ti or HD7850. Make sure your PSU is up to the task; although a good 450W PSU would probably be sufficient, I'd recommend 500W for an additional margin of safety and some headroom.
June 26, 2012 7:06:04 PM

Thank you for the reply and the advice. Why do you suppose Newegg lists every one of their 7750s as 'no crossfire'? The previous model; HD 6750s were listed as crossfire. Do you suppose someone at Newegg looked at the cards and saw no bridge header, and assumed no crossfire?
Related resources
July 6, 2012 12:18:48 AM

Best answer selected by box o rocks.
a c 174 U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 12:40:47 AM

Thanks. As to your last question, it is hard to say what someone at Newegg thinks. There's Paul, often featured on their videos, who seems to know what he's doing, but then you can be sure there are a lot of marketing droids there (as at any company), who are more likely to be the ones responsible for writing copy for product descriptions.
!