Fishing

I'm actually a 225 skill horde fisher, where i have to go to become a
300 skill fisher ??
Thanks!

Thomas J. Boschloo ha scritto:

> Waldorf wrote:
> > I'm actually a 225 skill horde fisher, where i have to go to become a
> > 300 skill fisher ??
>
> I am very low level in fishing (60 I think), but you could try
> Moonglade/Nighthaven that you can enter from the south. I cannot fish
> there, so I have no idea how high it is there. But I suspect it could be
> pretty high..

Mmmhh...ok,tx for the info, but before i was looking for an artisan
fisher, or a quest, for my 225/225 skill !!

Waldorf wrote:
> I'm actually a 225 skill horde fisher, where i have to go to become a
> 300 skill fisher ??
> Thanks!

For alliance you get the quest from a guy fishing on one of the islands
in the bay off of Theremadore (sp?). I think it might be the same
quest for Horde, but don't quote me.

Jack D ha scritto:

> On 2005-08-01 16:11:01 +0200, stush@rocketmail.com said:
>
> > Waldorf wrote:
> >> I'm actually a 225 skill horde fisher, where i have to go to become a
> >> 300 skill fisher ??
> >> Thanks!
> >
> > For alliance you get the quest from a guy fishing on one of the islands
> > in the bay off of Theremadore (sp?). I think it might be the same
> > quest for Horde, but don't quote me.
>
> Correct, but you must first talk to Lumak in the Valley of Honor in
> Orgrimmar, who sends you to Nat Pagle, in Dustwallow Marsh (Theramore
> Island)
>
> http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?ForumName=wow-professions&ThreadID=40
> --

Ok i'll go there, tx guys!

Ever catch anyhting other than simple fish ? That is all i find.. I
just curious to know if you can find wespons or gear. I found a 17lb
fish that sold for 1 silver to a vendor..

Lester Mosley wrote:

> Ever catch anyhting other than simple fish ? That is all i find.. I
> just curious to know if you can find wespons or gear. I found a 17lb
> fish that sold for 1 silver to a vendor..

When the game first came out you could catch all kinds of stuff like
green armor and weapons, recipes, junkets, lock boxes, bags, etc. and
also fish sold for A LOT more.

But I guess people were creating fisherman bots, so they EXTREMELY
nerfed fishing. I mean fish selling for 2 silver were changed to sell
for like 3 copper, 10 silver to 5 copper, etc. I never seen a nerf this
servere before in any game! :) --it's like hmmm should I fish for 1
hour at a hole my level or kill ONE MOB my level for the same amount of
money :(

The only thing I catch nowadays is an occasional potion and I think
very rarely a box.

Good news is one of the Bliz CM's mentioned they were planning to
re-visit fishing--bad news being it doesn't look like something coming
anytime soon.

Waldorf wrote:
> I'm actually a 225 skill horde fisher, where i have to go to become a
> 300 skill fisher ??

I am very low level in fishing (60 I think), but you could try
Moonglade/Nighthaven that you can enter from the south. I cannot fish
there, so I have no idea how high it is there. But I suspect it could be
pretty high..

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

On 2005-08-01 16:11:01 +0200, stush@rocketmail.com said:

> Waldorf wrote:
>> I'm actually a 225 skill horde fisher, where i have to go to become a
>> 300 skill fisher ??
>> Thanks!
>
> For alliance you get the quest from a guy fishing on one of the islands
> in the bay off of Theremadore (sp?). I think it might be the same
> quest for Horde, but don't quote me.

Correct, but you must first talk to Lumak in the Valley of Honor in
Orgrimmar, who sends you to Nat Pagle, in Dustwallow Marsh (Theramore
Island)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?ForumName=wow-professions&ThreadID=40

http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU
Gwar - Orcish Warrior lvl 10 - Bloodscalp EU
Chasey - Undead Priest lvl 19 - Bloodscalp EU

Lester Mosley wrote:

> Ever catch anyhting other than simple fish ? That is all i find.. I
> just curious to know if you can find wespons or gear. I found a 17lb
> fish that sold for 1 silver to a vendor..

I caught a crate from Venture Co. with bolts in it near Ratchet. Not
sure if that counts.. Lots of Alliance chars in Ratchet btw.. Can't miss
them (EU RP server).

Thomas
--

"Lester Mosley" <lestermosley@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It seems the trout i cought was good for 1s but you can use it to
> fight.. but it does 1 dmg

Try the AH - I sold a 19-pound catfish for 20 silver, and a 17-pounder for
maybe the same. Dunno why...

Pep

stush@rocketmail.com ytrede sig i
<1122919327.728621.324790@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> med dette:

>> Ever catch anyhting other than simple fish ? That is all i find.. I
>> just curious to know if you can find wespons or gear. I found a 17lb
>> fish that sold for 1 silver to a vendor..
>
>When the game first came out you could catch all kinds of stuff like
>green armor and weapons, recipes, junkets, lock boxes, bags, etc. and
>also fish sold for A LOT more.
>
>But I guess people were creating fisherman bots, so they EXTREMELY
>nerfed fishing. I mean fish selling for 2 silver were changed to sell
>for like 3 copper, 10 silver to 5 copper, etc. I never seen a nerf this
>servere before in any game! :) --it's like hmmm should I fish for 1
>hour at a hole my level or kill ONE MOB my level for the same amount of
>money :(

At low level <25 it can pay to catch certain fish and sell them at AH.
When you get above lvl 25 it's possible to find other ways to earn more
money at the same time.

I also figured out that at a low cooking lvl one can buy the first fish
recepie, and so far I've managed to get both my fishing and cooking
skills up to 150 within 2 hours.

It's the easiest way to make money, if one know which fish can be used
for popular recepies. It is however pretty funny that some of the fish
are sold for more than the product it's used for.

>The only thing I catch nowadays is an occasional potion and I think
>very rarely a box.

I've caught potions, boxes, bottles (with letters or recepies), lock
boxes, crates and even boots.

I've also learned that fishing in the ocean is more likely to let you
catch items, than fishing in lakes and rivers.

>Good news is one of the Bliz CM's mentioned they were planning to
>re-visit fishing--bad news being it doesn't look like something coming
>anytime soon.

It won't surprise me if we have to wait till the expansion comes out :-/

One thing is for sure, fishing are practically only good for Hunters and
Alchemists, so it could really use a lotta improvements.
--
Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
"When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he