Headphone Jacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecko69x

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
So, I bought the Asus Xonar DX (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132006) and it only has 1 headphone jack slot. My headphone have 2 jacks (green and pink). Is there an adapter or splitter I can plug my 2 jacks in to change it into 1 jack?

I would prefer not having to use the front header.

Solution

There are multiple jacks on the back of the sound card, you only need to use two. One is for the output to headphone, one is for the mic as Brett said before. There is no way to plug both into one jack because that would either render the mic or headphone useless.

You need to plug the green one into the headphone socket (represented by an engraved pair of headphones) and the pink into the mic socket (represented by an engraved mic)

If I'm giving you completely the wrong...

ecko69x

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

I know that. But with the setup of the soundcard it only takes 1 headphone jack (unless I'm wrong) Meaning I can only plug my green jack in. I want to be able to put BOTH into 1 jack. So, is there some sort of adapter/converter/splitter on the market for this?

dathtom

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

There are multiple jacks on the back of the sound card, you only need to use two. One is for the output to headphone, one is for the mic as Brett said before. There is no way to plug both into one jack because that would either render the mic or headphone useless.

You need to plug the green one into the headphone socket (represented by an engraved pair of headphones) and the pink into the mic socket (represented by an engraved mic)

If I'm giving you completely the wrong advice or I havent understood your question don't hesitate to reply :)

Tom :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.