Sign in with
Your question

New System Sound

Last response: in Systems
August 15, 2012 9:50:39 PM

I just finished building a gaming PC with an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 and a Gigabyte Radeon 7870 2GB but I'm having trouble getting sound from it. I'm using a Asus VS248H monitor that has speakers in it and an HAF 922 case. I can't seem to get sound out from anywhere. When I plug in the HDMI to the monitor and the 7870 port I can get visual but no sound. I've also tried the headphone jack on the back of the motherboard and the jack on the front of the case but neither works. I've checked in the windows 7 sound control panel and it recognizes the speakers in the monitor and even shows sound levels going to it in the level bar. Is there some other setting or something I have to adjust to get the sound coming out? Anything in the catalyst control panel for the 7870? I've never used it before. Or something in the bios/system settings?

Thanks!

More about : system sound

a c 92 B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
August 15, 2012 10:22:25 PM

The video card wouldn't be causing sound issues. What driver comes with the Extreme 4? I know with my Gigabyte board I have to enable the sound on the audio driver when I turn on my PC but that's not that big of a deal.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2012 10:36:24 PM

Firstly, have you verified that the monitor speakers are indeed working? (hey it happens lol), and you've installed your GPU and motherboard's latest drivers right?

Since neither the hdmi audio OR the onboard audio is working, i'm thinking that it's a settings problem, not a hardware problem. I assume your CPU has integrated graphics, right? If so, try taking out the GPU and see if you get HDMI or onboard sound. If you decide to try that, let me know what happens and i'll see if i can help you from there.
m
l
Related resources
August 16, 2012 12:02:58 AM

Hi yes I did try to make sure the speakers were working, in fact I even tried with two different pairs of headphones in each jack just to make sure. I tried taking out the GPU and still nothing coming out. I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers, I used the included CDs to update. Would there be more up to date drivers on the websites for the motherboard?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 16, 2012 1:47:26 AM

azrie said:
Hi yes I did try to make sure the speakers were working, in fact I even tried with two different pairs of headphones in each jack just to make sure. I tried taking out the GPU and still nothing coming out. I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers, I used the included CDs to update. Would there be more up to date drivers on the websites for the motherboard?

I can almost guarantee there will be more up to date drivers on the website. Let me look into this, and i'll try to get back to you in the next day or two.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 19, 2012 7:19:17 PM

did you try the newer drivers?
m
l
!