Windows XP splash screen

is it possible to change the splash screen for Windows XP.

http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

now, how do i make my own?

In news:%23tPkO5FbFHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Steven Wabik <Stevenw45@comcast.net> typed:

> now, how do i make my own?

This is simply a graphic image. You can create a graphic image in
any of the usual ways: digital camera, scanner, graphic editing
program (anything from Paint to Photoshop).

Please reply to the newsgroup

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:14:31 -0400, Steven Wabik wrote:

> now, how do i make my own?

Trick question? Create a graphic file with a graphics/image editing
program. Use Paint (very, very basic) or something more elaborate such as
Photoshop.

Having the image you created "fed" to startup by a third party program such
as the one that Shenan suggested would be my method of choice for changing
that screen. There is another method for inserting your image into startup
but it involves altering a core system file so don't recommend it.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Steven Wabik wrote:
> now, how do i make my own?

http://www.google.com/
Search for:

How do I make BootSkin images

If that doesn't give you what you need (it did on the first page it found
for me) then read how to tweak your search:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Basically you create your image along with the graphics for the progress
bar. Then using a resource editor you change resource(s) stored in one of
the key system files, replacing what's there with the image(s) you created.
That means also overcoming Windows' file protection, e.g. can't edit/replace
et. a file already being used.

Unless you're very comfortable with low level mucking around (e.g. at least
programmer type experience) I'd recommend getting a program that'll do it
for you.