Windows XP splash screen

is it possible to change the splash screen for Windows XP.
6 answers Last reply
More about windows splash screen

    http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    now, how do i make my own?

    In news:%23tPkO5FbFHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Steven Wabik <Stevenw45@comcast.net> typed:

    > now, how do i make my own?

    This is simply a graphic image. You can create a graphic image in
    any of the usual ways: digital camera, scanner, graphic editing
    program (anything from Paint to Photoshop).

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:14:31 -0400, Steven Wabik wrote:

    > now, how do i make my own?

    Trick question? Create a graphic file with a graphics/image editing
    program. Use Paint (very, very basic) or something more elaborate such as
    Photoshop.

    Having the image you created "fed" to startup by a third party program such
    as the one that Shenan suggested would be my method of choice for changing
    that screen. There is another method for inserting your image into startup
    but it involves altering a core system file so don't recommend it.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Steven Wabik wrote:
    > now, how do i make my own?

    http://www.google.com/
    Search for:

    How do I make BootSkin images

    If that doesn't give you what you need (it did on the first page it found
    for me) then read how to tweak your search:
    http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Basically you create your image along with the graphics for the progress
    bar. Then using a resource editor you change resource(s) stored in one of
    the key system files, replacing what's there with the image(s) you created.
    That means also overcoming Windows' file protection, e.g. can't edit/replace
    et. a file already being used.

    Unless you're very comfortable with low level mucking around (e.g. at least
    programmer type experience) I'd recommend getting a program that'll do it
    for you.

    "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > now, how do i make my own?
    >
    > "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Steven Wabik wrote:
    >>> is it possible to change the splash screen for Windows XP.
    >>
    >> http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Shenan Stanley
    >> MS-MVP
    >> --

Configuration Splash Screen Microsoft Customization Windows XP