Will an EVGA 670 4GB FTW work with my psu?

NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors for both the GeForce GTX 560 Ti and the GeForce GTX 670.

Looking at actual measured power consumption shows that the GeForce GTX 670 draws about 40 Watts more than the GeForce GTX 560 Ti during gaming.

The Xigmatek VC series 500W (NRP-VC503) is quite the horrible power supply. During PCLABS.COM.TR's full load test, for their review that specific model, 3.5 minutes into full load testing it exploded in a burst of sparks. The fact that the OEM is Solytech explains a lot. The 500W specified on the label, I'm quite sure, is peak power and not continuous power. The fact that there is no published combined +12 Volt continuous current rating on the label indicates the attempt to hide some flaw (i.e. weak rail) and prevent easy comparison to a reputable brand 500W PSU that would reveal the shortcoming.

Egg_Noodlez

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Thanks ko888! I've decided to buy a Corsair 750w, here is a link: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/750w-corsair-builder-series-cx-85-eff-80-plus-bronze-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v231-psu

That's way more than you need but it will definitely do the job. It's even more than enough to handle two GeForce GTX 670 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode.

TRENDING THREADS