Sign in with
Your question

Graphics question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 26, 2012 7:32:04 PM

I got a Sony Vaio about two weeks ago and i downloaded Call of Duty: World at War on Steam and it wasn't working and i found out that the graphics on my laptop aren't good enough to run the game cuz all it uses is the onboard graphics that came with the computer. I'm wondering if i can either get a better graphics card and put it into the laptop or somehow get like an external graphics card reader or something like that.

More about : graphics question

a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2012 7:48:22 PM

I think you are going to be out of luck with trying to install a graphics card in a laptop. There are no external gpu's that i know of. Have you tried to turn the graphic setttings in the game all the way down to low and change the screen resolution to a lower setting?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2012 7:49:29 PM

except for a few very high end laptops, the graphics cant be changed. There are some external solutions but they are fairly expensive
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2012 7:55:45 PM

nice did not know they had external gpu's
m
l
June 26, 2012 8:21:17 PM

avenseth12 said:
I think you are going to be out of luck with trying to install a graphics card in a laptop. There are no external gpu's that i know of. Have you tried to turn the graphic setttings in the game all the way down to low and change the screen resolution to a lower setting?

well i can't even load the game to change the settings.
m
l
June 26, 2012 9:19:50 PM

That means the game is incompatible with your laptop's graphic chip. Your best bet is to simply build a desktop machine.
m
l
!