Sign in with
Your question

Best graphics card AGP 4x

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 26, 2012 8:03:19 PM

Can anyone help me with this??? i know this is an age old question most probably the question itself is already outta date ... but still i have this system in my hand configuring a P4-2.4B, D865GE chipset w/ AGP 4x & a DDR-1 400 x1GB that i want to complete with the best option of a graphics card that is ever produced for an AGP 4x system. Can anyone direct me to a card (even if it is unavailable now) of that era that was considered the best ever to be made for an AGP 4x? thnx in advance ... btw i want to overclock my system so it would be nice of you to prefer a card that is available for OCing to max ... and another change i am willing to make if necessary is to change the MB that can have a AGP 8x to suit best for a P4 2.4B. :) 

More about : graphics card agp

June 26, 2012 8:13:35 PM

This will run on 4x and 8x, it's a pretty overpowered card for the aging AGP interface, I believe there was a 3870 going around for a while which was similar but it's almost impossible to find. Make sure you have a semi-beefy power supply.

ATI Radeon 4670 IceQ (If it's out of stock, which it most likely is ebay I found a few).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2012 8:14:09 PM

HD3850/70 were good AGP cards. It would be dumb to buy a new motherboard to support a graphics card that's been obsolete for 10yrs.
m
l
June 26, 2012 8:24:58 PM

LOL ... guyz it's for the sake of tweaking my OCing ablities ... i just want to use sum crap *** to OC and then even if i burn it to hell i won't mind at all ... that's why i chose that config to play with ... so plz be easy on me ... and no rite now changing the system is not an option until i am satisfied with the results of me OCing it to hell ... :) 
m
l
June 26, 2012 8:28:29 PM

Up to HD 4670 (ati) .. I think after that line they went to primarily PCI-E.. Have fun.
m
l
June 26, 2012 8:28:46 PM

de5_Roy said:
just save up some money and get a new pc altogether. no need to change motherboard for the sake of a new agp gfx card.
iirc radeon 4650 or 4670s were agp cards. something like this:

LOL dude i own a DELL Studio 1557 and a desktop with a core i5 in it. this one is for me to play with while OCing ... ;) 
thnx for replying anyway ... :) 
m
l
June 26, 2012 8:32:25 PM

Dragh0n said:
Up to HD 4670 (ati) .. I think after that line they went to primarily PCI-E.. Have fun.

thnx dude ... you r a lifesaver ... u understood what i wanted to know ... :D  :D  :D  ...
m
l
a c 80 U Graphics card
June 26, 2012 8:36:23 PM

arcrazy84 said:
LOL dude i own a DELL Studio 1557 and a desktop with a core i5 in it. this one is for me to play with while OCing ... ;) 
thnx for replying anyway ... :) 

ah, got it. :) 
radeon 4670s were the last 'powerful' agp cards that i know of.
m
l
June 26, 2012 8:39:52 PM

geekapproved said:
HD3850/70 were good AGP cards. It would be dumb to buy a new motherboard to support a graphics card that's been obsolete for 10yrs.

I am already feeling dumb -.- ... but the main purpose is to tweak my OCing abilities with these cards and such systems ... thats why i asked this stupid question ... i only want to buy a mobo to support the best AGP 8x card there ever was ... for the sake of OCing it to max .... thnx anyway ... :) 
m
l
June 26, 2012 8:50:02 PM

Symbolik said:
This will run on 4x and 8x, it's a pretty overpowered card for the aging AGP interface, I believe there was a 3870 going around for a while which was similar but it's almost impossible to find. Make sure you have a semi-beefy power supply.

ATI Radeon 4670 IceQ (If it's out of stock, which it most likely is ebay I found a few).

i have a 500w PSU to support this system and i guess i won't be needing anymore juice than that ??? :/  ... btw at this point i am guessing HD 4670 is an excellent choice since everyone is suggesting it ... thnx anyway for your reply ... :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2012 11:44:28 PM

You should note, since you are dealing with obsolete parts, you may have trouble finding these parts at a reasonable price, so you may be wrong in thinking you are practicing with throwaway cheap junk.

Just like RAM for old computers is actually much more expensive then new ram for new computers.

Maybe though you can find used stuff on ebay so you can practice on.
m
l
June 30, 2012 3:30:02 PM

The 3850 agp HIS ICE Q is the best performing graphics cards for games. the 4670 agp HIS ICE Q is the second best latest AGP graphics card, and the 4670 is the only one that has an HDMI port. however the 3850 requires at least a 450 watt power supply with an 8 pin adapter while the 4670 requires 400 watt power supply that just needs a molex connection. I would know since i own both.
m
l
September 18, 2012 4:49:45 PM

rdb853 said:
The 3850 agp HIS ICE Q is the best performing graphics cards for games. the 4670 agp HIS ICE Q is the second best latest AGP graphics card, and the 4670 is the only one that has an HDMI port. however the 3850 requires at least a 450 watt power supply with an 8 pin adapter while the 4670 requires 400 watt power supply that just needs a molex connection. I would know since i own both.

How and why is the 3850 better than the 4670?
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 18, 2012 5:13:55 PM

arcrazy84 said:
LOL ... guyz it's for the sake of tweaking my OCing ablities ... i just want to use sum crap *** to OC and then even if i burn it to hell i won't mind at all ... that's why i chose that config to play with ... so plz be easy on me ... and no rite now changing the system is not an option until i am satisfied with the results of me OCing it to hell ... :) 

You mean like ; http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.staticf... :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 
m
l
!