I5 3750k with hd 4000 same price as i5 3750k w/o

sethclary

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hello,
Would it be better to get the 3750k with the hd 4000. I do plan on adding a video card. Will also have ASrock z77 extreme 4. Will the hd 4000 graphics + video card be better than the same video card w/o hd 4000. ie will they work together.

jordonc

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Hey there, even though I'm still relatively new here , I feel qualified to answer you questions.
First off, I believe that you mean the 3570k, not 3750k. And I'm wondering where you are able to purchase the 3570k without the HD4000 graphics, as this is integrated into the processor, and every chip comes with it. I think that you can rest assured that any 3570k you purchase will come with the HD 4000.
To answer your question about using a video card with the HD 4000 graphics, yes they will work together. In fact, it's nice to have at least basic integrated graphics on your processor in case your dedicated graphics card breaks on you. That way you will at least be able to keep using your pc, if not do intense gaming on it. To be honest with you, I've found the HD 4000 fine for my needs right now. It isn't good for anything other than older games on medium to high settings, but that's all I own right now anyway and I care more about the gameplay than graphics (mass effect 1 and 2 are amazing games). I support that choice on the motherboard also.

EDIT: Also, I would highly recommend putting your complete build up in the builds part of the forum to get recommendations from some of the experts here at Tom's. They can help you out with pricing and where to buy your parts, along with steering clear of any parts known to be low quality. Be prepared for the potential to be overwhelmed with information though. I spent weeks figuring out my build for my circumstances, but am thoroughly enjoying the results.
2nd Edit: just realized that I typed discrete instead of dedicated. fixed it.

sethclary

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Thank you,
And yes it is the 3570k ops. Took a second look and they all come with the integrated graphics some adds just didn't mention it in the title. I'll try to remove my question so I don't confuse people. I'll put the build up. It is my first. Thanks again.

intel occasionally will issue out a new lineup of processors w/o the integrated graphics. though in my opinion, its good to have it in case a gpu goes bad on you, and you can find out if the gpu died or not because plugging into mobo would be a way of finding that out.

bctande1

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Every 3570k comes with discrete graphics yes, but don't expect to see any real FPS gains from modern games. You will see an improvement in more CPU-intensive non-gaming applications (photoshop, AUTOCAD, any 3D modeler, video-renderer) that could benefit from the extra GPU calcuations but don't expect to see a boost in BF3 FPS or anything like that lol.

Yes, 4000 is adequate for playing games on lower graphical settings, but you will see the real improvements outside of games.

jordonc

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
No worries. I was in the same place a month ago. I'll stalk your posts a little in the future to make sure you get a fellow newcomer's perspective :) Just be respectful, and you'll get the help you need, usually.

G

its funny how the K processors are the ones with the "better" igpu . . :p
( yeah i know some sandy i3s . . .lets not get picky)

vannytran

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
it would be nice to save money if there were i5 3750k ithout hd 4000 or lower than 4000 knowing most likely ppl who get those CPUs are gonna get a great GPU to go along with it anyway