Hunter Changes

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

So, what does the community think of the new hunter talents?
If you haven't seen the proposed changes:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html

I DEFINATLY like the new survival tree. But then again, ANYTHING was better
than what it was.

The changes on BS are interesting, making Spirit Bond a tier 5 talent was
nice, making it easier to access.

I can't wait to test out Bestial Wrath with Broken Tooth... This might
actually make a pet scary.. briefly

Can't wait to see the pet customization changes. If all pans out, going to
pull the hunter out of retirement and put the mage on hold for a while.

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So, what does the community think of the new hunter talents?
> If you haven't seen the proposed changes:
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html
>
> I DEFINATLY like the new survival tree. But then again, ANYTHING was
> better than what it was.
>
> The changes on BS are interesting, making Spirit Bond a tier 5 talent was
> nice, making it easier to access.
>
> I can't wait to test out Bestial Wrath with Broken Tooth... This might
> actually make a pet scary.. briefly
>
> Can't wait to see the pet customization changes. If all pans out, going
> to pull the hunter out of retirement and put the mage on hold for a while.

Just read Bestial Wrath a little better:

"Send your pet into a rage causing 100% additional damage for 15 sec. While
enraged, the beast cannot be stopped by any means"

I can't wait to sick this on a mage.... Something tells me this might get
toned down before going live..

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So, what does the community think of the new hunter talents?
> If you haven't seen the proposed changes:
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html
>
> I DEFINATLY like the new survival tree. But then again, ANYTHING was
> better than what it was.
>
> The changes on BS are interesting, making Spirit Bond a tier 5 talent was
> nice, making it easier to access.
>
> I can't wait to test out Bestial Wrath with Broken Tooth... This might
> actually make a pet scary.. briefly
>
> Can't wait to see the pet customization changes. If all pans out, going
> to pull the hunter out of retirement and put the mage on hold for a while.

I just can't wait to see the pet options that are comming out. Time to fire
up my dorf hunter for round 2 I think.

"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So, what does the community think of the new hunter talents?
> If you haven't seen the proposed changes:
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html

I've looked but without somebody actually stating what has been changed I
won't know what I think since its not obvious to me.

Matt Frisch wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:09:59 GMT, "A.G. Turner" <nospam@my.net> scribed
> into the ether:
>

> >"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> So, what does the community think of the new hunter talents?
> >> If you haven't seen the proposed changes:
> >> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html
> >>

> >Intimidation adding a stun and Bestial Wrath, what can I say... I'm glad I
> >love my pet. :) Looks like I'm even more BM entrenched than before. lol
> >
> >I didn't notice any changes to Marks... did anyone else?
>
> Rank 1 of Trueshot has gone from a bonus of 30 to 50 attack power, and the
> radius of effect was raised from 30 to 45 yards. Probably then Rank 3 of
> Trueshot will be about 100, a decent boost.
>
> That's the only Marksmanship change I could see.

I think that you can also get Aimed Shot much sooner now.

These changes mean that I am going to have to have a major re-think
about re-speccing. I was building a MM/SM build and I had got all my
survival talents first. The main part of my survival build was getting
counterattack which isn't there anymore. Also, my initial thoughts are
that lightning reflexes is too far down the survival tree for me to get
now.

I think that I may end up with MM/BM or perhaps BM/MM build. I can't
see much in the survival tree at the moment that is going to entice me
to spend the points there.

steve.kaye

"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So, what does the community think of the new hunter talents?
> If you haven't seen the proposed changes:
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html
>
> I DEFINATLY like the new survival tree. But then again, ANYTHING was
> better than what it was.
>
> The changes on BS are interesting, making Spirit Bond a tier 5 talent was
> nice, making it easier to access.
>
> I can't wait to test out Bestial Wrath with Broken Tooth... This might
> actually make a pet scary.. briefly
>
> Can't wait to see the pet customization changes. If all pans out, going
> to pull the hunter out of retirement and put the mage on hold for a while.

Interesting stuff. :) The survivalist tree seems more helpful. A lot of 1%
increases. I'm thinking some of those may need to be raised slightly. The
Wyvern Sting is interesting as a top tier. However, having played a bit of
druid, sleeping mobs is an iffy proposition at best. They tend to get woken
up on a regular basis for whatever reason. On balance I still don't think
I'm willing to climb the Survivalist tree, but it does have more draw than
before. I happen to like CC, and there's plenty of it in there with traps
and the new sting. Maybe if I do a second build hunter later on...

Intimidation adding a stun and Bestial Wrath, what can I say... I'm glad I
love my pet. :) Looks like I'm even more BM entrenched than before. lol

I didn't notice any changes to Marks... did anyone else?

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:09:59 GMT, "A.G. Turner" <nospam@my.net> scribed
into the ether:

>"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> So, what does the community think of the new hunter talents?
>> If you haven't seen the proposed changes:
>> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html
>>

>Intimidation adding a stun and Bestial Wrath, what can I say... I'm glad I
>love my pet. :) Looks like I'm even more BM entrenched than before. lol
>
>I didn't notice any changes to Marks... did anyone else?

Rank 1 of Trueshot has gone from a bonus of 30 to 50 attack power, and the
radius of effect was raised from 30 to 45 yards. Probably then Rank 3 of
Trueshot will be about 100, a decent boost.

That's the only Marksmanship change I could see.

"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So, what does the community think of the new hunter talents?
> If you haven't seen the proposed changes:
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html
>
> I DEFINATLY like the new survival tree. But then again, ANYTHING was
> better than what it was.
>
> The changes on BS are interesting, making Spirit Bond a tier 5 talent was
> nice, making it easier to access.
>
> I can't wait to test out Bestial Wrath with Broken Tooth... This might
> actually make a pet scary.. briefly
>
> Can't wait to see the pet customization changes. If all pans out, going
> to pull the hunter out of retirement and put the mage on hold for a while.

In my new guild on the new server, out of about 60 members we have 1 hunter.
Improvements to the class are welcome I guess, but its too late for the
hunter class on Moonrunner.

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:02:25 GMT, Matt Frisch
<matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:09:59 GMT, "A.G. Turner" <nospam@my.net> scribed
>into the ether:
>

>>"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> So, what does the community think of the new hunter talents?
>>> If you haven't seen the proposed changes:
>>> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html
>>>

>>Intimidation adding a stun and Bestial Wrath, what can I say... I'm glad I
>>love my pet. :) Looks like I'm even more BM entrenched than before. lol
>>
>>I didn't notice any changes to Marks... did anyone else?
>
>Rank 1 of Trueshot has gone from a bonus of 30 to 50 attack power, and the
>radius of effect was raised from 30 to 45 yards. Probably then Rank 3 of
>Trueshot will be about 100, a decent boost.
>
>That's the only Marksmanship change I could see.

You also get Aimed shot sooner as well as THe improvement of Hunters
Mark dropping.
Given how much more power the other changes are going to give the
hunter though, I can't whine, but I think we are going to see a lot
more hunters, which is one aspect of patching that always bothers me,
Its like D2 FoTM all over again. I was happy with my Hunter before,
and I'm sure, that UberPig equipped, I'll continue to be.

> I think that you can also get Aimed Shot much sooner now.

It's still the same.

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:56:47 +0100, Vertoobli <motoko@null.com> scribed
into the ether:

>On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:02:25 GMT, Matt Frisch
><matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:09:59 GMT, "A.G. Turner" <nospam@my.net> scribed
>>into the ether:
>>

>>>"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>>Intimidation adding a stun and Bestial Wrath, what can I say... I'm glad I
>>>love my pet. :) Looks like I'm even more BM entrenched than before. lol
>>>
>>>I didn't notice any changes to Marks... did anyone else?
>>
>>Rank 1 of Trueshot has gone from a bonus of 30 to 50 attack power, and the
>>radius of effect was raised from 30 to 45 yards. Probably then Rank 3 of
>>Trueshot will be about 100, a decent boost.
>>
>>That's the only Marksmanship change I could see.
>
>You also get Aimed shot sooner

No you don't. Exactly the same.

> as well as THe improvement of Hunters Mark dropping.

While an improvement to archery/gunnery, it is not an improvement to the
Marksmanship tree. Hell, half of the increases in Survival apply to *all*
attacks, not just melee, but we aren't counting those either cause it's not
the same tree as marksmanship.