Sign in with
Your question

Most economical multistation

Last response: in Systems
August 16, 2012 3:22:13 AM

I put this in the business section and haven't gotten much interest so I'm posting it here too sorry for the double post.

I'm not a computer whiz and I'm trying to figure out the most economical solution for a multiple station setup for an internet cafe. It wont be high demand usage probably the most demanding would be YouTube most common use is Facebook. I might put on some older low demand games like Warcraft 3 "Dota" and Counterstrike but not if it severely restricts how many stations I can set up.

I would like to set up something with 4+ stations for one computer and am hoping for 6. I would like to use an A8-3870k processor as their especially cheap right now here in the Philippines.

I saw a Userful solution with USB docking stations that looked interesting but the docking stations are to expensive at $65 each. For that price I could put in separate video cards and use it for light gaming. Might work if I could find something cheaper. But I'm not a real geek so I'm sure their are better solutions out there.

Oh a friend offered to let me use a windows server program (think its 2008) that he isn't using that might be another possibility.

I'm planning on using coin timers to just turn on/off the monitor
August 16, 2012 5:45:44 AM

The question my tech keeps asking is how do you connect the extra monitors cheaply does anyone at least have a solution for that? It looks like USB monitors are starting to pop up but what I have seen are rather expensive. I like the idea and would love some if we can get them cheap but i have a source for cheap monitors I had in mind. So another cheap way to connect several monitors would be most helpful. The cheapest USB/VGA adapter I have seen was $30 which seems excessive.
m
l
!