Sign in with
Your question

Dual PSU question.

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
August 16, 2012 3:31:13 AM

Hello everyone, i recently bought a top of the line system with a single 1500w PSU (Thermaltake TP-1500m) the system runs fine with a slight overclock (4.5Ghz on the CPU 1.2/7 in each GPU)

I've been told that thermaltake is not very reliable and i DO NOT want surprises with that system so i was planning to buy two 860w PSU (Seasonic Platinum) 1 for 3 GPUs and the other one for 1GPU, CPU and the rest of the stuff.

i have a i7 3960x/4gtx 680/Asus rampage IV, i went to a PSU calculator site and they all recomend a 1250w+ PSU the problem is that i want this system to be 100% stable even under full overclock (5.2Ghz -1.35/7.5 on each gpu) + a biiiig WC sytem.

My question ----> how do i make 2 PSUs work together??? it is my understanding that the PSU must be connected to the motherboard in order to work but i only have one :lo:

More about : dual psu question

a b B Homebuilt system
August 16, 2012 3:39:01 AM

I don't know about dual GPUs but the higher end XFX PSUs are manufactured by Seasonic. I bet their top of the line unit will power your system.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 16, 2012 3:45:02 AM

Bolivious said:
I don't know about dual GPUs but the higher end XFX PSUs are manufactured by Seasonic. I bet their top of the line unit will power your system.

i doubt it, my system consumes about ~1350w when fully overclocked
m
l
!