Auto-hide taskbar

My taskbar used to auto-hide and now it won't. When I check the "auto-hide"
box and click the "apply" button (in taskbar properties) the taskbar will
roll down off the screen. If I move the mouse pointer down to activate it,
it comes back on and stays.

The only changes I have made to the system is to load Norton Antivirus 2005
this morning ....... possible connection?

I am using Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks in advance for your help
2 answers Last reply
More about auto hide taskbar

    If it worked prior to installing Norton Anti virus then try uninstalling
    Norton and see if the functionality returns. If it does then Norton is the
    problem, as usual.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "RavensAces" <RavensAces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My taskbar used to auto-hide and now it won't. When I check the
    > "auto-hide"
    > box and click the "apply" button (in taskbar properties) the taskbar will
    > roll down off the screen. If I move the mouse pointer down to activate
    > it,
    > it comes back on and stays.
    >
    > The only changes I have made to the system is to load Norton Antivirus
    > 2005
    > this morning ....... possible connection?
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Home Edition
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help

    On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:54:04 -0700, "RavensAces"
    <RavensAces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >My taskbar used to auto-hide and now it won't. When I check the "auto-hide"
    >box and click the "apply" button (in taskbar properties) the taskbar will
    >roll down off the screen. If I move the mouse pointer down to activate it,
    >it comes back on and stays.
    >
    >The only changes I have made to the system is to load Norton Antivirus 2005
    >this morning ....... possible connection?

    Have you gone into Standby or Hibernate while logged on? If so, you
    might try this tip, which I wrote after discovering the documented
    trick:

    http://oakroadsystems.com/tech/winxptip.htm#TaskbarAutohide

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "I feel a wave of morning sickness coming on, and I want to
    be standing on your mother's grave when it hits."

Configuration Taskbar Customization Windows XP