Mango5954

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I put together my first build, and when I turned it on everything worked. The leds turned on, fans were turning, and the hard drive was working. There was no display or beep so I began searching for solutions. I put the RAM in every position. Later to my demise, I realized my CPU fan wasn't turning. I didn't realize I was supposed to unclip the wires around it. Now the CPU fan is turning, but there is still no display or beep. Is it possible I fried my CPU? Or is it something else? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
I had the same problem when I installed this board.... your cpu isn't fried, the pcie is not configured. Plug your monitor into the onboard graphics and reboot. press delete to enter the bio and set the pcie up to get your card working

Mango5954

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I tried resetting it with a jumper and it had no effect. Basically now everything is on and working but there is still no display or beep.

Thank you though, is there anything else I should try?
Here are my specs if needed:
CPU: i5-3570k
Motherboard: Z77A-G45
GPU: Radeon HD 7770
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB
HD: WD 1TB
PSU: Ultra LSP750

setras

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
I had the same problem when I installed this board.... your cpu isn't fried, the pcie is not configured. Plug your monitor into the onboard graphics and reboot. press delete to enter the bio and set the pcie up to get your card working

Solution

Mango5954

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I don't know how to thank you guys enough; I thought I really messed something up as this is my first build. Right when I tried it without the graphics card it turned right on. Thanks again!!