reverb2

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
What is graphic card that suitable and would not be bottleneck for my Athlon II X2 260.
I don't want to upgrade my sistem right now,cz i'm waiting for Haswell processor :pfff:
Thanks before

Solution
BF3's a pretty demanding game... you're not going to be maxing anything on BF3 with a $150 card, but then again, you probably already know this :)

to be honest I would get something like a radeon HD 7750. it would be hard to avoid a bottleneck with your athlon II for multiplayer at high resolutions, but you should be able to find a happy medium with this combination. everything should be pretty smooth on single player as long as you don't try to max settings. besides, the 7750's a low end enough card that has such little power consumption that I would feel comfortable sticking it in an HTPC in the future :)

as you can see here, it'll get you decent fps at medium settings :D
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU12/458

also on the same...
what are your specs right now and what games etc are you trying to run on the graphics card? haswell should be out a little less than a year from now, so it's really not to ridiculous to get something like a gtx 670 and run it bottle necked for 10 months or so. afterall, I don't see you getting a new video card again next year

reverb2

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

Athlon II X2 260,Asrock 985GM-GS3 FX,4 GB Ram.
The Run,BF3,MW3.
My budget only $150 :D.
My plan is maybe next year i will upgrade to Intel haswell,and to Nvidia Maxwell. :sarcastic:

BF3's a pretty demanding game... you're not going to be maxing anything on BF3 with a $150 card, but then again, you probably already know this :)

to be honest I would get something like a radeon HD 7750. it would be hard to avoid a bottleneck with your athlon II for multiplayer at high resolutions, but you should be able to find a happy medium with this combination. everything should be pretty smooth on single player as long as you don't try to max settings. besides, the 7750's a low end enough card that has such little power consumption that I would feel comfortable sticking it in an HTPC in the future :)

as you can see here, it'll get you decent fps at medium settings :D
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU12/458

also on the same chart is the 6850 or 6870. if you don't plan on the HTPC build in the future, they'll get you more raw performance
am waiting for haswell myself. though I took the plunge and went sandybridge :)

Solution

reverb2

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

Never mind if i only can play the game at medium setting.
How about HD 7770?

well, on the same site I linked you, we see the 7770 pulling ~50fps at medium settings, so I can see it struggle at higher settings.

how's your power supply? if you've got at least 500W, I would just go for the 6850 or 6870 for raw performance, depending on prices in your area.

reverb2

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

My PSU is 750.
The difference of the FPS between Hd 6850 with HD 7770 is 7-10.
I would consider it.

definately a good move... the main thing with the 7770/7750 is that they're incredibly power efficient, and I see too many people on the forums with an inadequate power supply. but you're sitting pretty with a 750w :)

reverb2

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

Ok thanks for your answer dude :)