[Q] HOWTO Priest attack Macro?

I'm trying to write a macro that, once a target is selected, performs the
following actions:

(1) Raise my shield, e.g., /cast Power word: shield rank(X)

(2) Rain pain on the target e.g., /cast Shadow word: pain rank(X)

(3) Attack using my want e.g., /cast Shoot

I'm unable to get this macro to work because the macro interpreter attempts
to execute a subsequent operation before the previous one completes. My
question, then, is a follows:

A. Does Blizzard supply a "delay until complete" function?

If not,

Would anyone care to share his/her macros that implement this, or similar,
functionality?

Cheers,

Michael
P.S. I've read through the Blizzard WoW FAQ on Macros and many of the
postings in the forums. That's not to say I've missed something obvious.

> I'm trying to write a macro that, once a target is selected, performs the
> following actions:
>
> (1) Raise my shield, e.g., /cast Power word: shield rank(X)
>
> (2) Rain pain on the target e.g., /cast Shadow word: pain rank(X)
>
> (3) Attack using my want e.g., /cast Shoot
>
> I'm unable to get this macro to work because the macro interpreter
> attempts to execute a subsequent operation before the previous one
> completes. My question, then, is a follows:
>
> A. Does Blizzard supply a "delay until complete" function?
>
> If not,
>
> Would anyone care to share his/her macros that implement this, or similar,
> functionality?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael
> P.S. I've read through the Blizzard WoW FAQ on Macros and many of the
> postings in the forums. That's not to say I've missed something obvious.

Nope a delay function isn't supported, would be too easy for people to make
bots with macro's which blizzard don't want.

You can't have 2 /casts in one macro.

I was trying to do this the other day with a paladin, in true paladin style
I was trying to make a macro that put on divine shield (invulnerable for
12secs) then cast hearthstone (10 sec cast) to get out of sticky
situtations. You can still do it, you just need 2 macro's and press one
button then the other.

On 2005-08-02 02:24:45 +0200, "Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> said:

> I'm trying to write a macro that, once a target is selected, performs
> the following actions:
>
> (1) Raise my shield, e.g., /cast Power word: shield rank(X)
>
> (2) Rain pain on the target e.g., /cast Shadow word: pain rank(X)
>
> (3) Attack using my want e.g., /cast Shoot
>
> I'm unable to get this macro to work because the macro interpreter
> attempts to execute a subsequent operation before the previous one
> completes. My question, then, is a follows:
>
> A. Does Blizzard supply a "delay until complete" function?
>
> If not,
>
> Would anyone care to share his/her macros that implement this, or
> similar, functionality?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael
> P.S. I've read through the Blizzard WoW FAQ on Macros and many of the
> postings in the forums. That's not to say I've missed something obvious.

As the other poster said this is impossible. What you can do is make a
macro that:
- Check if shield is up, if not and not under 'weakened soul', cast shield
- If Shield is up check if target has SW:pain debuff, if not cast SW:pain
- If SW:pain is active, start shooting wand

This way you just have to press the same button each time and he will
select the following action on each click (and repeat an action if
previous press failed).
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

Thanks. Sounds like just the ticket.

Cheers,

Michael

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:48:32 +0200, Jack D <jack_221NOSP@Mhotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 2005-08-02 02:24:45 +0200, "Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> said:
>
>> I'm trying to write a macro that, once a target is selected, performs
>> the following actions:
>>
>> (1) Raise my shield, e.g., /cast Power word: shield rank(X)
>>
>> (2) Rain pain on the target e.g., /cast Shadow word: pain rank(X)
>>
>> (3) Attack using my want e.g., /cast Shoot
>>
>> I'm unable to get this macro to work because the macro interpreter
>> attempts to execute a subsequent operation before the previous one
>> completes. My question, then, is a follows:
>>
>> A. Does Blizzard supply a "delay until complete" function?
>>
>> If not,
>>
>> Would anyone care to share his/her macros that implement this, or
>> similar, functionality?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Michael
>> P.S. I've read through the Blizzard WoW FAQ on Macros and many of the
>> postings in the forums. That's not to say I've missed something obvious.
>
>As the other poster said this is impossible. What you can do is make a
>macro that:
>- Check if shield is up, if not and not under 'weakened soul', cast shield
>- If Shield is up check if target has SW:pain debuff, if not cast SW:pain
>- If SW:pain is active, start shooting wand
>
>This way you just have to press the same button each time and he will
>select the following action on each click (and repeat an action if
>previous press failed).

Can't cast more than once in one Macro. I still would really like to
know how to target an ally, heal, then the monster I was attacking
again in one MACRO though.