Toolbar stretches automatically at top of screen

I am trying to create a toolbar like the one MS Office 2000 used to have. So
I created a toolbar, and added all the MS Office programs to it. What I am
trying to do is put this toolbar in the top, right-hand corner. However, as
soon as I put it anywhere near the top of the screen, the toolbar
automatically locks at the top of the screen and stretches to cover the whole
top of the screen. How do I prevent it from doing this?

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:59:02 -0700, defy- wrote:

> I am trying to create a toolbar like the one MS Office 2000 used to have. So
> I created a toolbar, and added all the MS Office programs to it. What I am
> trying to do is put this toolbar in the top, right-hand corner. However, as
> soon as I put it anywhere near the top of the screen, the toolbar
> automatically locks at the top of the screen and stretches to cover the whole
> top of the screen. How do I prevent it from doing this?

The explorer toolbars automatically dock and span an entire monitor edge
when they are dropped close to an edge. You should be able to get the
toolbar close to the edge without it docking but will not be able to nudge
it into a corner or along an edge and retain the ability to resize as well.

You might try a docked position and then use Autohide in the toolbar
settings to keep it out of the way when it's not in use.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User