SLI gtx 560 ti 448 core FTW and Classified together

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_jubs99

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
I want to sli the gtx 560 ti 448 classified and the FTW edition. The classified card is not the ultra. i know that will not work. i want to sli two classifieds but the FTW has the same clock speeds and everything while being 50 dollars cheaper. Can i sli these cards?

Solution
As long as it has the GTX xxx it will work, one of the cards will match the lower specs of the card.

From Nvidia's SLI FAQ:
Can I mix and match graphics cards that have different GPUs?

No. For example, an XXXGT cannot be paired with a XXXGTX in an SLI configuration.

Can I mix and match graphics cards from different manufacturers?

Using 180 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA graphics cards from different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer ABC can be matched with a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer XYZ.

Can I mix and match graphics cards if one of them is overclocked by the manufacturer?

Yes. A GeForce XXXX GTX that is overclocked can be mixed with a standard...

fantastik250

Distinguished
As long as it has the GTX xxx it will work, one of the cards will match the lower specs of the card.

From Nvidia's SLI FAQ:
Can I mix and match graphics cards that have different GPUs?

No. For example, an XXXGT cannot be paired with a XXXGTX in an SLI configuration.

Can I mix and match graphics cards from different manufacturers?

Using 180 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA graphics cards from different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer ABC can be matched with a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer XYZ.

Can I mix and match graphics cards if one of them is overclocked by the manufacturer?

Yes. A GeForce XXXX GTX that is overclocked can be mixed with a standard clocked GeForce XXXX GTX.

Can I mix and match graphics cards with different sizes of memory?

When purchasing a second graphics card, you should try to match the memory size so that you are ensured full value and performance from your purchase. However, while it is not recommended, NVIDIA does offer the flexibility to run graphics cards with different sized memory by using CoolBits. Using CoolBits (value set to 18), you can force both of the cards to use the lower of the two memory sizes and operate them together in SLI mode. When dissimilar memory sizes are enabled to work together using CoolBits, the effective memory size for each card becomes the smaller of the memory sizes.

Source: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/faq

Hope that helps :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.