UNABLE TO COPY FILES OR FORMAT MMC CARD

After placing the MMC card onto the Nokia 6230 it refuse to copy files into
it using USB Card Reader/Writer. It also refuse to be formated and show
"Cannot Copy }: The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or
use another disk"

Please HELP.

Thanks in Advance.

Andrew Sim
3 answers Last reply
More about unable copy files format card

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:07:54 +0800, Big Head wrote:

    > After placing the MMC card onto the Nokia 6230 it refuse to copy files into
    > it using USB Card Reader/Writer. It also refuse to be formated and show
    > "Cannot Copy }: The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or
    > use another disk"
    >
    > Please HELP.

    Card maybe duff, try another one.

    Also try reformatting it on the USB reader/writer, as FAT and NOT FAT32.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    Big Head wrote:

    > After placing the MMC card onto the Nokia 6230 it refuse to copy files
    > into it using USB Card Reader/Writer. It also refuse to be formated and
    > show "Cannot Copy }: The disk is write-protected. Remove the
    > write-protection or use another disk"
    >
    > Please HELP.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.
    >
    > Andrew Sim

    Have you already tried to rename your card .. I had some problem with mine
    because it had no name ..

    Thank for response but yes i did rename it but still no luck.
    I still have the same message.

    "plongeur" <jobsearch_om@tele2.fr> wrote in message
    > Big Head wrote:
    >
    >> After placing the MMC card onto the Nokia 6230 it refuse to copy files
    >> into it using USB Card Reader/Writer. It also refuse to be formated and
    >> show "Cannot Copy }: The disk is write-protected. Remove the
    >> write-protection or use another disk"
    >>
    >> Please HELP.
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance.
    >>
    >> Andrew Sim
    >
    > Have you already tried to rename your card .. I had some problem with mine
    > because it had no name ..

Nokia USB Card Reader Format