UNABLE TO COPY FILES OR FORMAT MMC CARD

Last response: in Brands
August 26, 2004 3:07:54 AM

After placing the MMC card onto the Nokia 6230 it refuse to copy files into
it using USB Card Reader/Writer. It also refuse to be formated and show
"Cannot Copy }: The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or
use another disk"

Please HELP.

Thanks in Advance.

Andrew Sim
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 3:07:55 AM

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:07:54 +0800, Big Head wrote:

> After placing the MMC card onto the Nokia 6230 it refuse to copy files into
> it using USB Card Reader/Writer. It also refuse to be formated and show
> "Cannot Copy }: The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or
> use another disk"
>
> Please HELP.

Card maybe duff, try another one.

Also try reformatting it on the USB reader/writer, as FAT and NOT FAT32.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 9:46:01 PM

Big Head wrote:

> After placing the MMC card onto the Nokia 6230 it refuse to copy files
> into it using USB Card Reader/Writer. It also refuse to be formated and
> show "Cannot Copy }: The disk is write-protected. Remove the
> write-protection or use another disk"
>
> Please HELP.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Andrew Sim

Have you already tried to rename your card .. I had some problem with mine
because it had no name ..
August 27, 2004 10:42:46 PM

Thank for response but yes i did rename it but still no luck.
I still have the same message.

!