Sign in with
Your question

7850 Crashes

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 27, 2012 4:19:10 AM

Okay so I just got the Sapphire 7850 OC. I can game on it for a long time but when I randomly surf on firefox or chrome I crash. I get white vertical lines and a greyish background. I'm currently on 12.6 Beta drivers. Anyone know if its the hardware or is it the drivers being the problem? I'm able to game a long time usually 2-3 hours but when I go to switch a server (using battlelog for BF3) I crash. The game's not running just the web browser.

More about : 7850 crashes

a c 106 U Graphics card
June 27, 2012 4:25:10 AM

my sapphire atm works fine, so ts probably a specific game problem. I'm using 12.4 and haven't updated yet.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2012 4:25:23 AM

Don't use beta drivers if you want stability. Or beta anything, for that matter. There's a reason it's not officially released yet.
m
l
Related resources
June 27, 2012 4:27:24 AM

I've tried Offical 12.4 but BF3 Won't even load up. It's always a DX3G.DDL or something like that error. The issue only happens when something flash related is used. Doesn't happen all the time. Only happens randomly.
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
June 27, 2012 4:29:39 AM

try using the leaked 12.7 beta drivers
m
l
June 27, 2012 4:36:22 AM

Alright I'll try the 12.7 beta drivers. Also updated flash. It doesn't happen frequent but it does happen randomly so I'll just have to wait and see. Last thing I want to do is have to RMA the card :/  Although I doubt that I need to do that if I'm playing bf3 for long periods of time with no issue :/ 

Although once before the display driver did crash and when it was restarted and I tried to play a game the FPS was so bad it was unplayable. Had to reboot the PC and then everything was fine again :/ 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2012 4:53:33 AM

uninstall your drivers and install 12.4
try your graphics card on other PC or reinstall windows.
try to disable catalyst A.I.
m
l
June 27, 2012 5:03:13 AM

Well I'll reinstall in a few days. Waiting for my new PSU to come in. We'll see for now if udpated flash solves the crashing. I mean i run my games fine. No problems what so ever. Just there are random crashes when using firefox. I switched over to chrome for today and it crashed once. White vertical lines and a grey background :/ 

Edit: Just crashed on youtube on chrome :/ ... I'll reformat tommorow i guess. If anyone else has a 7850 and has crashes with flash then let me know if you fixed it. The crash is always a black screen lock up.

Edit: Confirmed that it is something to do with flash... Always happens when something flash related is on the page :/ 
m
l
June 27, 2012 6:41:44 AM

Just reformatted and went to try out youtube... What do you know crash!. Using official 12.4 drivers. Haven't tried any games yet since I have to reinstall them. Will give you an update later on :/ 

m
l
!