Would all of these Components work together.

I was wondering if all of these components would work together and I am looking for a suitable power supply.
I5-2500k
ASUS P8H61-M Intel H61 mATX Motherboard - LGA1155 socket
radeon-hd-7970
4 answers Last reply
More about would components work together
  1. Yes, they will. Although it's not the best combination...that CPU can be overclocked, but that motherboard won't let you do it. Go for a Z68 board, or better yet get an Ivybridge CPU and a Z77 board.

GPU is good, you'll not have problems with that.

A 600W PSU would do you. Don't get a cheap PSU, it can be fatal to your system. Go for a branded one...Enermax, Seasonic, Be Quiet!, Silverstone, Corsair, XFX...
  2. Those components will fit together, but are not very optimized for each other.

That 2500k can be upgraded to a 3570k for a small bump in price and comes with the typical Ivy benefits (Bit faster, lower power draw, PCI-3).

H61 motherboards are quite old and wont let you overclock (which is why you get a k series CPU), and lack many of the features (SATAIII, USB3, PCI-3, more stuff with 3's on them) of modern motherboards. You want a Z77 motherboard.

Graphics card is pretty good, make sure to get one from a good manufacturer, I suggest Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI or Sapphire.

A 650W power supply should be plenty for your needs. This one is from a good brand and should serve you just fine.
    Corsair Enthusiast 650W, 80+ Bronze non-modular. $90
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
  3. Thank you I will look into the motherboard.
  4. Ok I have decided to go with a 650 watt power supply and change my motherboard to the AsRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 Motherboard.
    Thanks for the help
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Power Supplies Components Systems Product