I would like some advice/comments on my HTPC build. This will be mainly used for watching 1080p .mkv files and streaming HD 1080p videos on Netflix, YouTube, etc. No gaming will be played on this build. This will be viewed on a 40" 1080p 120Hz LED HD (1920 x 1080) television.
After some research, this is what I have... (please note this is my first time building a computer so if there are any errors, bare with me)
RAM: I already have 2 sticks of 2GB RAM lying around so I don't need to get new ones
- comments? advice? suggestions?
- do I need CPU Cooler for this build?
- am I missing anything else?
- will all the above components work together?
- are there more affordable components that I could get instead of the listed above (other than the processor and power supply)
You might want to consider one of the newer chipsets like H77 or B75. They cost about the same as the older H6x chipset boards but have a few extra features. They work just fine with Sandy Bridge and HD 3000 graphics. Of course the H67 will work just fine for your project.
Or, if you are looking to shave a few $$ then you could also go for an H61 chipset motherboard since you don't need SATA 6Gbit/s.