Picture Info (EXIF ?)

I am posting this again in case it got lost. (It was in another thread)

I would be interested to know if there is a way to attach Date Picture
Taken to a file. Sometimes after editing an image, this info gets lost, and
I would like to restore it (or at least an approximation to it as I wouldn't
know the exact time of day, just the date and roughly the time)

I think it is known as EXIF data - not positive

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Trevor,

John Inzer posted this info recently:

The following free software will allow you to
backup the metadata and restore it after you
do your editing.

Exifer For Windows
http://tinyurl.com/ixso

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
>I am posting this again in case it got lost. (It was in another thread)
>
> I would be interested to know if there is a way to attach Date Picture
> Taken to a file. Sometimes after editing an image, this info gets lost,
> and
> I would like to restore it (or at least an approximation to it as I
> wouldn't
> know the exact time of day, just the date and roughly the time)
>
> I think it is known as EXIF data - not positive
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
>

> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Thank you, Ramesh and John

This looks hopeful.

What I want to do is a set dates etc for jpegs where the info has been
completely removed. I hope it can do this

--

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> Trevor,
>
> John Inzer posted this info recently:
>

> The following free software will allow you to
> backup the metadata and restore it after you
> do your editing.
>
> Exifer For Windows
> http://tinyurl.com/ixso
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! MVP
>

> "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
>> I am posting this again in case it got lost. (It was in another
>> thread) I would be interested to know if there is a way to attach Date
>> Picture Taken to a file. Sometimes after editing an image, this info
>> gets lost, and
>> I would like to restore it (or at least an approximation to it as I
>> wouldn't
>> know the exact time of day, just the date and roughly the time)
>>
>> I think it is known as EXIF data - not positive
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Trevor L.
>> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
>>

>> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
>> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

You're welcome Trevor.