Can Emaxx MCP61D3-iCafe run any PCIE x16 2.0 GPU?

19nero68

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
i'm confused if my crap MoBo EMAXX MCP61D3-iCafe can run GPU like "Palit GTX 550 Ti 1gb ddr5"

although i have this other components..

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640
Memory: 6gb
PSU: Cougar RS 650watts
Storage: 500gb HDD

comments please.. need your help..

Solution
With your current system + the 550 Ti, you should be fine. It should be much less than 600W.

Try this:
http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

ATX is fine but to be safe, just check the dimension of the 550 Ti you plan to buy & measure the available space in your case. I did this actual measurement 3 years ago when I have an ATX case & selecting my GPU upgrade. Now I have a mid-tower so I do not worry much about anything. :)

19nero68

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

whoah whoah! =(
hmm but how would i know if i am pulling the PSU to 600-650 watts?
i dont know wattage calculations..

btw, i only have ATX casing.. tsk..tsk.. i'm just starting to upgrade my unit..

randomkid

Distinguished
With your current system + the 550 Ti, you should be fine. It should be much less than 600W.

Try this:
http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

ATX is fine but to be safe, just check the dimension of the 550 Ti you plan to buy & measure the available space in your case. I did this actual measurement 3 years ago when I have an ATX case & selecting my GPU upgrade. Now I have a mid-tower so I do not worry much about anything. :)

Solution

19nero68

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

THANKS A LOT!!

my current system is running 218watts!! (recommended)
minimum 168watts,, nice =)

then if i upgrade GPU.. 314watts!

nice.. is it accurate??

randomkid

Distinguished

It is more accurate than what the graphics card manufacturer recommend themselves because they add a lot of buffer capacity by just assuming other components. But the PSU calculator at least use the specified power consumption of each of your component.