Nokia 6230 - Outlook synchronisation

Last response: in Brands
August 26, 2004 4:47:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I have just acquired a 6230 and I am having no luck in downloading my
Outlook contacts to it. I hope someone here my know what's going on and has
found a solution.

I have tried both Nokias PC Suite (v 6.2.16) and Oxygen's Phone Manager II
(v 2.4) connecting via Bluetooth and via IRDA. Though the symptoms are
different with each programme, the result is that no records are
transferred.

With PMII, attempting to run the Outlook import process simply triggers an
error dialog box saying "Error - can't load Microsoft Outlook". With Nokia's
software, the problem is more complex. Mostly, I get a dialog box with
'Synchroniser' in the title bar saying "Outlook - Failed to open Outlook".
Sometimes I don't get an error message but the process completes very
quickly; it reports that no records were updates and an error log reports
"SyncML Server information. The SyncML Client has not responded"

It might be relevant to mention that the computer is usually connected to a
MS Small Business Server network running MS Exchange Server 2000. The
contacts folders are therefore Exchange Server folders which I access
directly when in the office and over a VPN connection when at home. The
version of Office/Outlook is 2003.

Anyone encountered and solved the same problem?

Paul
Coventry UK
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 11:06:17 AM

"One more one" <paul@paccts.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have just acquired a 6230 and I am having no luck in downloading my
> Outlook contacts to it. I hope someone here my know what's going on and
has
> found a solution.
>
> I have tried both Nokias PC Suite (v 6.2.16) and Oxygen's Phone Manager II
> (v 2.4) connecting via Bluetooth and via IRDA. Though the symptoms are
> different with each programme, the result is that no records are
> transferred.
>
> With PMII, attempting to run the Outlook import process simply triggers an
> error dialog box saying "Error - can't load Microsoft Outlook". With
Nokia's
> software, the problem is more complex. Mostly, I get a dialog box with
> 'Synchroniser' in the title bar saying "Outlook - Failed to open Outlook".
> Sometimes I don't get an error message but the process completes very
> quickly; it reports that no records were updates and an error log reports
> "SyncML Server information. The SyncML Client has not responded"
>
> It might be relevant to mention that the computer is usually connected to
> MS Small Business Server network running MS Exchange Server 2000. The
> contacts folders are therefore Exchange Server folders which I access
> directly when in the office and over a VPN connection when at home. The
> version of Office/Outlook is 2003.
>
> Anyone encountered and solved the same problem?
>
> Paul
> Coventry UK

What happens when you open up Microsoft Outlook manually?

If for example you use Ouloook Express, then Outlook won't have been used.
Therefore the first time you open it, it will go through the setup wizards.
Therefore if the phone programs are trying to open it, it will hang.

From what you say about MS Exchange, it implies that you currently do use
Outlook. I would say that if there is a problem with two programs accessing
Outlook then chances are that there is something wrong with Outlook. Run
something else that automatically accesses Outlook and see if that still
works.

AMO
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 6:00:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"One more one" <paul@paccts.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<412d24fd$0$58816$5a6aecb4@news.aaisp.net.uk>...

> I have tried both Nokias PC Suite (v 6.2.16) and Oxygen's Phone Manager II
> (v 2.4) connecting via Bluetooth and via IRDA. Though the symptoms are
> different with each programme, the result is that no records are
> transferred.
>
> With PMII, attempting to run the Outlook import process simply triggers an
> error dialog box saying "Error - can't load Microsoft Outlook". With Nokia's
> software, the problem is more complex. Mostly, I get a dialog box with
> 'Synchroniser' in the title bar saying "Outlook - Failed to open Outlook".
> Sometimes I don't get an error message but the process completes very
> quickly; it reports that no records were updates and an error log reports
> "SyncML Server information. The SyncML Client has not responded"
>
> It might be relevant to mention that the computer is usually connected to a
> MS Small Business Server network running MS Exchange Server 2000. The
> contacts folders are therefore Exchange Server folders which I access
> directly when in the office and over a VPN connection when at home. The
> version of Office/Outlook is 2003.
>
> Anyone encountered and solved the same problem?

Thank you for your request! As per reports from our respective
customers, this problem occured sometimes, when MS Outlooks was
connected to MS Echange server. It seems, that MS Outlook may need
additional adjustment. In some cases, the problem could be solved by
complete MS Outlook reinstallation ( see here:

http://www.oxygenphonemanager.com/forum/showflat.php?Ca...
)

Now, we are trying to find possible source of the problem. You can
monitor the development process and latest news from our official
maillist: http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/maillist/

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 10:10:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"One more one" <paul@paccts.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have just acquired a 6230 and I am having no luck in downloading my
> Outlook contacts to it. I hope someone here my know what's going on and
has
> found a solution.
>
> I have tried both Nokias PC Suite (v 6.2.16) and Oxygen's Phone Manager II
> (v 2.4) connecting via Bluetooth and via IRDA. Though the symptoms are
> different with each programme, the result is that no records are
> transferred.
>
> With PMII, attempting to run the Outlook import process simply triggers an
> error dialog box saying "Error - can't load Microsoft Outlook". With
Nokia's
> software, the problem is more complex. Mostly, I get a dialog box with
> 'Synchroniser' in the title bar saying "Outlook - Failed to open Outlook".
> Sometimes I don't get an error message but the process completes very
> quickly; it reports that no records were updates and an error log reports
> "SyncML Server information. The SyncML Client has not responded"
>
> It might be relevant to mention that the computer is usually connected to
> MS Small Business Server network running MS Exchange Server 2000. The
> contacts folders are therefore Exchange Server folders which I access
> directly when in the office and over a VPN connection when at home. The
> version of Office/Outlook is 2003.
>
> Anyone encountered and solved the same problem?

Yes, but a similar problem.

First of all, I haven't got MS Exchange on this machine, so can't comment on
that.

I've managed to synchronise my 6230 with Outlook using an IrDA connection
and Nokia's own PC Suite software (latest version). Now, I got the SyncML
problem but what I did to resolve it was to turn my phone's screen-saver
off. That somehow did something and the phone then "woke up" and started to
respond. I synchronised a good 150 contacts in seconds.

HTH
!