Final build, need input.

I have made, hopefully, a link to a public newegg wishlist.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=20229292

Is this the best RAM for this setup? I need low profile because of the Hydro212. Ill add a SSD later, and the PSU seems decent? Its on sale plus an additional $15 off.

Thoughts? I plan to purchase today or tomorrow! :bounce:

missing anything? I havnt put together a computer in awhile and am I going to need more cables to put this thing together?
16 answers Last reply
More about final build input
  1. I can't look at the computer. We can't look at your wish list.
  2. not public.

    put the build in pcpartpicker.com to make your life and our life easier
  3. PCPartPicker part list:

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($142.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.88 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB Video Card ($317.55 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Rosewill 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($74.99 @ Newegg)

    Also there is a ASUS generic DVD drive. @20$ on Newegg

    Ill link better later. The GFX card is EVGA SuperClocked 660Ti.

    This work?
  4. Edit: Will I also need some cables to put this together once it gets here other than what comes with everything? Id hate to get it all and be a couple cables short and have to wait! hate waiting! ha

    thanks guys
  5. there should be enough cables. if you need a 8pin extension later on, you can always order it then

    i recommend this gtx 660ti instead. cools much better and can overclock much farther
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162120
  6. dc2587 said:
    PCPartPicker part list:

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($142.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.88 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB Video Card ($317.55 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Rosewill 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($74.99 @ Newegg)

    Also there is a ASUS generic DVD drive. @20$ on Newegg

    Ill link better later. The GFX card is EVGA SuperClocked 660Ti.

    This work?


    Looks good to me!
  7. TheBigTroll said:
    there should be enough cables. if you need a 8pin extension later on, you can always order it then

    i recommend this gtx 660ti instead. cools much better and can overclock much farther
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162120


    Was also looking at the MSI one, but I cant beat EVGA support and thats worth some to me. Thanks for the input ill keep it in mind before i purchase later tonight.

    thanks everyone, youve been a big help

    EDIT: Is it worth the wait and $20 for the FTW edition? Its clocked ~50mhz higher, exact # not sure without looking at EVGA site.
  8. dc2587 said:
    Was also looking at the MSI one, but I cant beat EVGA support and thats worth some to me. Thanks for the input ill keep it in mind before i purchase later tonight.

    thanks everyone, youve been a big help

    EDIT: Is it worth the wait and $20 for the FTW edition? Its clocked ~50mhz higher, exact # not sure without looking at EVGA site.


    I'd say maybe - it probably won't make that much of a difference.

    Although I'd switch your power supply with something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021
  9. i rather get a much better cooler (by quite a few more degrees) than more customer service.
  10. iknowhowtofixit said:
    I agree that your suggestion is better. But this PSU is even better than that, for about the same amount of money:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182264 :kaola: :love:


    I've heard mixed reviews of those PSUs - some are great but some not so great.
  11. good unit. bad reviews. it is made by superflower though which is a company comparable to seasonic
  12. Does the MSI 660TI overclocked warrant a consideration? I know some people who love MSI cards and others that hate it. I know it runs cooler than the EVGA does and has a slightly higher clock. I read the reviews for a few 660ti OC editions and all rated really well.

    Figured Id ask anyone with some input who has used them or had any issues etc. Link to the card itself:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127696
  13. iknowhowtofixit said:
    3 Newegg reviews doesn't make a PSU good or bad. I base that on the dozens of legitimate professional PSU reviews that say that this PSU is excellent.


    they say it is excellent and it should be true. but most professionals get their units directly from the manufacturer. the manufacturer can send their best and working units to them for review so they can get good feedback. gotta take in consideration of both customers and professionals opinion equally
  14. iknowhowtofixit said:
    3 Newegg reviews doesn't make a PSU good or bad. I base that on the dozens of legitimate professional PSU reviews that say that this PSU is excellent.

    You're telling a guy who tells everyone to rely on professional reviews to not rely on newegg reviews. :P

    G-unit, this is all you need to know:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CE8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jonnyguru.com%2Fmodules.php%3Fname%3DNDReviews%26op%3DStory%26reid%3D266&ei=s98tUO7CA-iK2wXLxICADw&usg=AFQjCNEi1ih5zG6gMv-acR43CYiw6J5AYA
  15. It is the only review period that matters. :P
  16. azeem40 said:


    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Yeah Jonnyguru is pretty much the source for PSU reviews - they're generally what I go by.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product