Priests Weapons

I have to say that I'm not really using any melee at all. Up until now
(level 36) I've used spells and I'm doing ok! However, I'm looking for a
decent weap that will see me through and give me something else to
concentrate on other than my mana pool :)

Yes, I have a wand.

So, Staves or Daggers or something else?

TIA

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

just learn all the weapons you can learn, and then use whatever adds to
your INT or healing powers. No matter what weapon you get, you'll
always do more damage with a wand (considering a priest's low attack
power), and a wand is ranged

moif wrote:
> I have to say that I'm not really using any melee at all. Up until now
> (level 36) I've used spells and I'm doing ok! However, I'm looking for a
> decent weap that will see me through and give me something else to
> concentrate on other than my mana pool :)
>
> Yes, I have a wand.
>
> So, Staves or Daggers or something else?

Even you only cast spells, you are missing out big time if you don't
have a good weapon because of the stats. For exmaple, I have +39 int
on my staff (plus spirit and stamina), so you could see how this is a
big help even if I don't hit something with it ever.

Also if you have a one handed weapon like a mace or dagger, make sure
you get something to hold in your other hand like a book, torch, orb,
etc.

As to what weapon(s) to use...this is asked a lot by casters. The
answer is: all of them! Learn all your skills and pick the 2-handed
weapon or 1-handed weapon+off hand item that gives you the best stat
increase. If you get a weapon with good stats, it will usually have
good DPS.

I guess the exception is if you are just messing around solo and
hitting things melee a lot, I'd recommend you get a spare weapon just
for this. Staves are going to more DPS, but I think a one-handed
proc'ing weapon with a 2nd proc enchanted on, would probably be better.
I forget if they're soulbound or not, but if they aren't, get a warlock
to make you a firestone and you'll have 3 procs.

Final note - your wand can have stats (like +8 int) and that counts
just by equip'ing it too (just like wepaons).

Simon Nejmann wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:42:15 +0200, Babe Bridou
> <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >lab wrote:
> >
> >> I remember hearing that the Rod drops have been nerfed a bit. Not sure
> >> whether this is fact or a couple of unlucky people. But, as you said... very
> >> handy gear that remains useful long after 40+, in fact I was using Hypnotic
> >> Blade into my 50's. :)
> >
> >Let me check... yes, level 60 and still using the hypnotic blade at times ;)
>
> Tip: Go solo (or bring a party) the princess in Maraudon a few times
> and get a Charstone Dirk - more int, more dps, and tasty +mana/5 secs
> on top.

If you like the Maraudon dagger, there's a Dire Maul quest for a
similar, but better, dagger.

"moif" <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote:

> I have to say that I'm not really using any melee at all. Up until now
> (level 36) I've used spells and I'm doing ok! However, I'm looking for a
> decent weap that will see me through and give me something else to
> concentrate on other than my mana pool :)

Don't know what's the best weapon for a level 36 priest, but the boss
in SMs library has about a 50% chance to drop a Hybnotic Blade, a very
very nice caster dagger.

And get yourself a wand.

> Yes, I have a wand.

D'Oh!

> So, Staves or Daggers or something else?

This boss has another 50% chance to drop an Illusionary Rod. A
very nice caster staff :eek:)

Basically, this Boss drops either the Blade or the Rod. Both
are great weapons for a caster.

SM/Library should be doable with a team of 36-38. If you got
some high level friends, you can clear the whole instance in
less than 30 minutes :) If not (means you have to go in
with players of your level), it'll take 2h max.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Christian Stauffer wrote:
> "moif" <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote:
>
>> I have to say that I'm not really using any melee at all. Up until
>> now (level 36) I've used spells and I'm doing ok! However, I'm
>> looking for a decent weap that will see me through and give me
>> something else to concentrate on other than my mana pool :)
>
> Don't know what's the best weapon for a level 36 priest, but the boss
> in SMs library has about a 50% chance to drop a Hybnotic Blade, a very
> very nice caster dagger.
>
> And get yourself a wand.
>
>> Yes, I have a wand.
>
> D'Oh!
>
>> So, Staves or Daggers or something else?
>
> This boss has another 50% chance to drop an Illusionary Rod. A
> very nice caster staff :eek:)
>
> Basically, this Boss drops either the Blade or the Rod. Both
> are great weapons for a caster.
>
> SM/Library should be doable with a team of 36-38. If you got
> some high level friends, you can clear the whole instance in
> less than 30 minutes :) If not (means you have to go in
> with players of your level), it'll take 2h max.
>
> Chris

Great info, thanks

"lab" <mathersb@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I remember hearing that the Rod drops have been nerfed a bit. Not sure
> whether this is fact or a couple of unlucky people. But, as you said... very
> handy gear that remains useful long after 40+, in fact I was using Hypnotic
> Blade into my 50's. :)

I farmed the library boss a bit in the last time (one BOP blue and one BOP
green in 10 mins is not bad for an enchanter).
Now as you mention it, the rod dropped maybe 2 out of 8 runs (otherwise
the blade did). Don't know if it was only me, though.

Chris

--

lab wrote:

> I remember hearing that the Rod drops have been nerfed a bit. Not sure
> whether this is fact or a couple of unlucky people. But, as you said... very
> handy gear that remains useful long after 40+, in fact I was using Hypnotic
> Blade into my 50's. :)

Let me check... yes, level 60 and still using the hypnotic blade at times ;)

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:42:15 +0200, Babe Bridou
<babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:

>lab wrote:
>
>> I remember hearing that the Rod drops have been nerfed a bit. Not sure
>> whether this is fact or a couple of unlucky people. But, as you said... very
>> handy gear that remains useful long after 40+, in fact I was using Hypnotic
>> Blade into my 50's. :)
>
>Let me check... yes, level 60 and still using the hypnotic blade at times ;)

Tip: Go solo (or bring a party) the princess in Maraudon a few times
and get a Charstone Dirk - more int, more dps, and tasty +mana/5 secs
on top.

But, ya - Scarlet Monastery loot really is good for casters.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

Simon Nejmann wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:42:15 +0200, Babe Bridou
> <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>lab wrote:
>>

>>>I remember hearing that the Rod drops have been nerfed a bit. Not sure
>>>whether this is fact or a couple of unlucky people. But, as you said... very
>>>handy gear that remains useful long after 40+, in fact I was using Hypnotic
>>>Blade into my 50's. :)
>>
>>Let me check... yes, level 60 and still using the hypnotic blade at times ;)
>

> Tip: Go solo (or bring a party) the princess in Maraudon a few times
> and get a Charstone Dirk - more int, more dps, and tasty +mana/5 secs
> on top.
>
> But, ya - Scarlet Monastery loot really is good for casters.

I use this one now
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4931

Brian wrote:

> Lorespinner. +5 Stamina, +6 Intellect, +5 Spirit, +3 mana / 5 seconds.
>
> That quest is given by an elf in Feathermoon on the Alliance side, and
> involves killing Lethtendris in DM East. (East side can be done complete
> in about an hour, with a decent group. 1.5 if you want to do Pusillin for
> the other quest and for the Crescent key)
>
> Horde can get the quest in Camp Mojache, it looks like. But it's bugged
> right now. If you're an Undead Priest, no luck.
>
> My Priest is using Lorespinner with a +22 Int, and Milli's Lexicon off-hand
> for another +6 mana regen. And just last night I got the Whipvine Cord
> from Alzzin at the end of DM East, for another +6/5 regen, and 31 to
> healing. I'm now wearing +15/5 regen, and +122 to healing. Very nice for
> a priest that likes mana-efficiency, and being able to outlast longer
> fights.
>
> http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?123997
>
> Brian

Interesting. I love your rings and hat. The Maiden's circle is a ring
I'm still waiting for my alliance fiance to give me, but he rather
spends his time getting drunk these days *grin*. I guess I'll have to go
get it by myself!

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?200435

Brianne / Esa
sta +102 / +74
int +182 / +156
spi +142 / +142
heal +122 / +77
mana +100 / +0
mana per sec 15 / 9 per 5 sec
HK 33 / 1766 (sorry couldnt resist, PVP server here - but the numbers
seems to be way out of date, for me at least)
DK 0 / 13

What is your /played stat? I'm at 24 days 18 hours.

Notes for me: get enchants. Replace that band of the unicorn and
circlet. Complete Devout set. replace the wand (where did you find
yours?). replace off-hand. Doh.

"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> lab wrote:
>
>> I remember hearing that the Rod drops have been nerfed a bit. Not sure
>> whether this is fact or a couple of unlucky people. But, as you said...
>> very handy gear that remains useful long after 40+, in fact I was using
>> Hypnotic Blade into my 50's. :)
>
> Let me check... yes, level 60 and still using the hypnotic blade at times
> ;)

Heh. :)
I'm still waiting on my Lorespinner but had Witchblade drop in Scholo so it
has replaced the Hypno.

.... does that sentence make sense? :)

cheers,
Stu.