Sign in with
Your question

New Trading PC

Last response: in Systems
August 16, 2012 10:59:38 AM

Afternoon all, has anyone built themselves a Trading PC lately. there is so much out there and i really don't know how high I need to speck it. I am willing to spend around £1500, $2300 this will not include any peripherals, just the tower and parts. I will want to run min of four monitors. I will also have a fifth screen for live news and a card to allow me this feature.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great

More about : trading

August 16, 2012 12:29:35 PM

For the graphics card I would look at one (for 4 displays) or 2 (for up to 8 displays) of the ATI FirePro™ 2460 Multi-View or if you are a fan of Nvidia use NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 450.

They are cards developed for 2D work such as financial and medical environments where you need a large number of high resolution displays without the noise of fans and the high power consumption (the ATI are around 15w each and Nvidia 35w each.

As for the rest of the system try going for a lower power Intel I5 CPU (3470t), A Motherboard that supports Two PCI-e 16 slots (note: does not have to support crossfire/SLI), 8-16 GB ram and a 256GB SSD. If you stick to the lower power devices then a 350W PSU will be fine with a single quiet 120mm fan to cool the case.
m
l
August 16, 2012 1:08:23 PM

I was about to suggest a matrox card, but their 8head costs over a grand!
m
l
August 16, 2012 6:23:04 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
!