Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Computers
  • Power
  • Power Down
  • Components
Last response: in Components
December 31, 2012 4:18:01 PM

OK so the problem that I am having is that I can't power down the computer by holding down the power bottom, it used to before. I did it like 2 times before. Now it just stays on forever.

FYI I can't turn the computer off normally do to the fact that I also lost all video signal to my monitors. (is not the video card, already checked with another)

I think discovering why that bottom doesn't work will be helpful. I think it might be the motherboard, or maybe the PSU.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

More about : power bottom

a b ) Power supply
December 31, 2012 5:33:32 PM

If you can't use windows "shut down" selection, then you may need to reposition the power switch lead on the motherboard, or do a fresh windows installation. I also found that some boards don't shut down right using sleep mode. Even a weak power supply should shut down easily; it's the powering on that may be a problem.
m
l
December 31, 2012 5:42:24 PM

Well I can't do a fresh window installation because I get the video signal to the monitors. THis all started when I was browsing the internet and all of the sudden the screens went black. No bluescreen or anything just straight to black.

m
l