Power Bottom

OK so the problem that I am having is that I can't power down the computer by holding down the power bottom, it used to before. I did it like 2 times before. Now it just stays on forever.

FYI I can't turn the computer off normally do to the fact that I also lost all video signal to my monitors. (is not the video card, already checked with another)

I think discovering why that bottom doesn't work will be helpful. I think it might be the motherboard, or maybe the PSU.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about power bottom
  1. If you can't use windows "shut down" selection, then you may need to reposition the power switch lead on the motherboard, or do a fresh windows installation. I also found that some boards don't shut down right using sleep mode. Even a weak power supply should shut down easily; it's the powering on that may be a problem.
  2. Well I can't do a fresh window installation because I get the video signal to the monitors. THis all started when I was browsing the internet and all of the sudden the screens went black. No bluescreen or anything just straight to black.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computers Power Power Down Components