Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Triple eyefinity setup

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 27, 2012 7:07:22 PM

Hello,
I am thinkig of getting an HD 7850, but first I wanted to make sure if it can handle a triple monitor setup for eyefinity. I googled it but could not find a for sure answer. I f it is not possible with an HD 7850 could I use a HD 7870? I am looking for the cheapest gpu that can handle the triple setup, if any one know of a cheap gpu that can do 3 monitor eyefinity please also let me know. Thank you

More about : triple eyefinity setup

Best solution

June 28, 2012 4:25:55 PM

Ok, I guess to first start off let me ask you something. What kind of graphical quality are you looking for in games? Also, what is the resolution of the monitors are you going to be running?

The reason I'm asking is due to the fact that the 7850 is a good card, it's around what mine is (6950). Although they can both run games pretty much flawlessly at single monitor resolutions they can get choked up in triple monitor resolutions. If you're going to be running 5760x1080 or 1920x1080 X 3 then you might have to turn down settings to make up to get a smoother frame rate. Now if the frames don't matter that much then yeah they'll be able to run the game, it might not be as smooth though.

I don't remember offhand of a chart where they specifically compared both cards to each other on eyefinity, but they should perform similar.

Hope this helps, you might not be able to run at the highest settings but at some less intensive games it should be relatively smooth.
July 1, 2012 1:15:56 AM

Best answer selected by carlos1984.
Score
Related resources
July 1, 2012 1:20:45 AM

I curently do not have a dedicated gpu and also dont have the monitors. Currently have an SB I5 2500k and a 22 inch monitor, I was just curious if it was possible because I have looked for a triple setup on the net but the only info I found was that I would need a 7870 to do it. But I think I will get the 7850 as I dont believe the price of the 7870 is justifieds . thank you for the reply
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 1, 2012 8:34:51 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!