Need advice on gaming computer

Hello everyone, I need advice on what size psu i need in my gaming computer. I will be using either a 7870 or a 7950 with an AMD FX-8120 8-Core Black Edition Processor. What is a good reliable brand and what size psu should i get?
4 answers Last reply
More about need advice gaming computer
  1. 600w FSB or seasonic is enough without OC, but if you want to make overclocking you have to consider 700watt
  2. Thanks for the reply, I'm not going to OC so i don't need to worry about that. Which video card between the 7870 and 7950 would you choose? I still haven't decided
  3. 7950 have dual bios so you can the second bios so you have a chance to flash it with 7970 bios and get 7970 chip i can help you about that if you want ,you can download 7970 bios from http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?page=1&architecture=&manufacturer=&model=HD+7970&interface=&memSize=0
    7870 is more efficient and a little cheaper but if you dont care about money get 7950 and flash it with 7970 bios
  4. Ok, i'll have to think about it yet. Im not entirely sure on my budget at the moment so only time will tell, thanks for the advice.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Computer Systems