warliccilraw

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
So I am a MAJOR newbie on this stuff. I but I know a little. So my budget is nothing about 550. It okay if 560-570 but nothing over 600! So I found and created a build that could play some games. I don't really care if I can't play on the highest setting, as long as I can play it! Like GTA IV, Just Cause 2, Battlefield 3, etc. So my question is if their all compatible. I will be pissed if I bought all of them and they aren't compatable! Also some suggestions too. It would be great. I also have to use amazon since their is no tax.

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked 1024 MB GDDR5
or
Radeon HD 6870
ASRock DDR3 1333 Intel - LGA 1155 Motherboards
Intel Core i3-2120 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 3 MB Cache LGA 1155
Corsair 8 GB 1333mhz PC3-10666 240-pin Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit 8 Dual Channel Kit
Corsair Builder Series CX600 600 watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms ATX 700 CMPSU-600CXV2
GAMMA Classic Series ATX Mid Tower Interior Steel Chassis (Black)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive

I already have a Windows 7 disc, I can also scrap a old optical drive from a old PC I had

Solution
Yes it is a good build get the 6870 because the other might put too much heat in your system and it will break down.
The cpu is great. It's the same one I'm getting for WoW.
Hmm the mobo is ok. Get an atx one first.
The psu is decent. You can find one for the same price that's better though.
The hdd is great.
The ram is good.

The whole thing is good.

obsama1

Distinguished
First off, NEVER get CoolerMaster PSU's. Very unreliable. Get Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, or Silverstone. The 6870 is quite a bit better than the 560. The i3 is good, but I'd recommend a Phenom II x4/x6 for the same price instead. The 2 extra cores really help. Just make sure you get an AM3/AM3+ motherboard.

Don't make a blatant lie about Cooler Master having all bad PSUs, you're projecting a stereotype that is false. Their older units are indeed bad like the GX and Extreme series but the Silent Pro and newer models are all great units with solid reviews.

I currently have a Silent Pro 700 and it's been running for 2+ years now with no issues and super quiet. Here's some reviews:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=134
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Silent-Pro-M-850-W-Power-Supply-Review/810
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=193
Just a few examples of the solidity of the newer models.

Check out my $650 build here warliccilraw:
http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore
If $50 more is really too much for you, the i3 is honestly enough. In gaming the i3 edges out most of the Phenom and FX line, the only thing is that the AMD chips can overclock. The advantage with extra cores is Multi-threading however, if you're mainly gaming the extra cores shouldn't be a big deal.

G

I think your parts are well chosen considering your budget. I don't know exactly what make of PSU are better although 500W should be ok. The only thing I would change is probably the processor for a cheaper 4 quad AMD processor. I would maybe consider getting 2x2 GB sticks of RAM as 8gb of memory is too much for gaming, according to research.

warliccilraw

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I could switch mine out since it's almost the same price of my xATX board! thanks for pointing that out! But seriously. can someone answer my question? Are all my parts compatible and can they fit in my case?

moosy8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Yes it is a good build get the 6870 because the other might put too much heat in your system and it will break down.
The cpu is great. It's the same one I'm getting for WoW.
Hmm the mobo is ok. Get an atx one first.
The psu is decent. You can find one for the same price that's better though.
The hdd is great.
The ram is good.

The whole thing is good.

Solution

warliccilraw

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I might get your case aznshinobi since it includes 4x fans. I think right? and for some reason I cannot find it.... All I can find is the Antec Three Hundred. But idk if it has 4x fans or not.

warliccilraw

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
newegg got tax for me. But I made some adjustments. Since I'm not planning to upgrade for maybe 5 yrs or so, I just got a AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz and just 4 gb. It lowered my cost to 530 somthing. So I am going to stick with that.
also what is the best "BRAND" for my Radeon 6870? I don't know if I should stick with the brand I got or get another brand since they are all the same price.