Tv card not working

retroguy1987

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
hey guy

i just bought a hauppauge wintv hvr 1100 and its not working so i need help diagnosing the problem

ive upgraded the drivers (after uninstalling the old ones) to get compatible drivers with a 64 bit system. windows is showing these are good.
the hardware is detected by windows so i can assume it is seated correctly in the pci socket.
ive tested my aerial to make sure its in the right position by plugging it into a freeview box and into a tv. this works fine so i dont think it is a signal problem
ive tried both windows media centre and the wintv software and neither find any channels
i have plugged a radio cable into the fm socket to see if i can receive radio signal and this is a no go either

so what could it be thats wrong?

you should be able to test the card by using a dvd or vsr and setting the card to channel 3 or 4 and see if your card picks up the output of the dvd or vsr player.
you may need a good set of tv ant so that your not blocking out the digital signal..also check that have the newest mb chipset drivers. if not the pci bus may not work right...you could also have an irq issue. sometime try moving the card into another pci slot.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Try downloading the Hauppauge WinTV software and program the individual digital channels. (I had to do this a while back for my older pc). Not sure if this may apply as I thought there was a separate input jack for digital. If that's the case make sure you are not using an analog jack - I think you have a hybrid card...

retroguy1987

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
thanks for the replies guys

im gonna download the newest chipset drivers and flash the bios with a newer version that the wesbite says has improved compatibility for pci devices.

then i shall test the card with a dvd player

punahou, i have downloaded the wintv software. gonna have a look at programming individual channels. i do have a hybrid card. seems to only be one socket to plug in the tv though

retroguy1987

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
just want to post a thank you to smorizio

bios flash and chipset update fixed it. and as a bonus got my graphics card working. (i was about to rma it)

TRENDING THREADS