Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Last thing befor i buy my gaming system

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 16, 2012 10:37:43 PM

ok this is the Gaming System i am getting please reply and tell me what you think (mite be getting 2 of the GTX 660 ti)


Processor:£175:Intel® Core™ i5 3570K 3.40GHz
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Generation-i5-3570K-3-40G...
Graphics Card:£273:ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiagef...
MotherBoard:£168:ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Intel Z77
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-SABERTOOTH-Motherboard-Cro...
Ram/Memory:£78:GSkill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB 1600Mhz
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GSkill-Ripjaws-Series-1600-Memo...
HardDrive:£77:Western Digital 1TB 64MB CHDD 7200 rpm
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-WD1002FAEX-Cavi...
PowerSupply:£154:Corsair Professional Series AX850 80PLUS Gold® Power Supply
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMPSU-850AXUK-Professio...
Optical Drive:£15:LiteOn IHAS124-19 24x DVD+/-RW
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/opticaldr...
SSDrive:£166:Corsair 240GB GTForce Series Solid State Drive
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-240GB-GTForce-Series-So...
CPU Cooler:£68:Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/cooling/c...
PC Case:£115:Cooler Master Storm Series Trooper Case
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-SGC-5000-KKN1-Coo...
OS:£73:Windows 7 Home Premium
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-OEM-software-intended...
PC Monitor:£175:ASUS VE248H 24"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VE248H-backlight-widescree...
PC Mouse:£40:Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-910-001262-G500-Gaming...
PC Keyboard:£70:Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/peripherals/keyboard...
Fans:£22:x4 120mm
x4: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/cooling/r...
Total:£1669


comment and tell me what you think thanks BUYING TOMOZ
August 16, 2012 10:50:28 PM

*Everything seems ok but why are you buying a 850w PSU??? unless you're planning to add 2 extra GTX 660ti in a close future (2 months) there is no point to buy such an overkill PSU, a 550w will be enough...i want to point out that 99 times out of 100 people say that they're going to add a second or third car when the next gen of GPUs come out...usually that NEVER happens.

*Asus Sabertooth is an OK board, it has nice features but its waaay overpriced and overated, either buy a Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 (for 3way SLI) or a simple but extremely good Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 (for 2way SLI only)

*That SSD is ok but there definetly better options like the Vertex 4, Samsung 830, Crucial M4 or Muskin Chronos deluxe.

*That CPU cooler is going to brutally kill ALL your system aesthetics, buy a H100 that performs a bit better (if you replace the fans it will perform waaay better)

*I doubt you need 16GB (unless you're going to do heavy video editing) buy 8GB, that will way more than enough and use the money saved somewhere else.

*That case is nice but for a little bit more you can buy a BitFenix Colossus or for a bit less you can buy the NZXT Phantom or NZXT Whisper.


Edit: Check your Messages
August 16, 2012 11:00:43 PM

aqualipt said:
*Everything seems ok but why are you buying a 850w PSU??? unless you're planning to add 2 extra GTX 660ti in a close future (2 months) there is no point to buy such an overkill PSU, a 550w will be enough...i want to point out that 99 times out of 100 people say that they're going to add a second or third car when the next gen of GPUs come out...usually that NEVER happens.

*Asus Sabertooth is an OK board, it has nice features but its waaay overpriced and overated, either buy a Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 (for 3way SLI) or a simple but extremely good Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 (for 2way SLI only)

*That SSD is ok but there definetly better options like the Vertex 4, Samsung 830, Crucial M4 or Muskin Chronos deluxe.

*That CPU cooler is going to brutally kill ALL your system aesthetics, buy a H100 that performs a bit better (if you replace the fans it will perform waaay better)

*I doubt you need 16GB (unless you're going to do heavy video editing) buy 8GB, that will way more than enough and use the money saved somewhere else.

*That case is nice but for a little bit more you can buy a BitFenix Colossus or for a bit less you can buy the NZXT Phantom or NZXT Whisper.


Edit: Check your Messages


i am going to get 2 GTX 660 ti
i will take a look at the mother board
everyone keeps saying the Corsair gt ssd is very good
16gb i put down to 8
going to keep the case i got
and also about the CPU Cooler i hear the Corsair h100 is very LOUD want to overclock to 4.00GHz so will the cooler master 212 evo WORK?
Related resources
August 16, 2012 11:17:57 PM

iDaveeFTW said:
i am going to get 2 GTX 660 ti
i will take a look at the mother board
everyone keeps saying the Corsair gt ssd is very good
16gb i put down to 8
going to keep the case i got
and also about the CPU Cooler i hear the Corsair h100 is very LOUD want to overclock to 4.00GHz so will the cooler master 212 evo WORK?



*do not listen to what anyone says, only listen to those who have prof of what they say and i say that any of the SSDs i mentioned are better than the Corsair GT, you can Google it yourself, i dont feel like looking into benchmarks right now.

*That case isn't bad... keep it if you like it :D 

*The Corsair H100 under full load with stock fan IS LOUD but not if you replace the fans with quality ones... you can also buy this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-cpu-cooler-clw... that cooler comes with pre applied high quality fans, it performs better than the H100 and it does it while been quieter.

*You should have said that you are only planning to overclock to 4.0 before...the Coolermaster 212 EVO is more than enough for that.
August 16, 2012 11:21:43 PM

aqualipt said:
*do not listen to what anyone says, only listen to those who have prof of what they say and i say that any of the SSDs i mentioned are better than the Corsair GT, you can Google it yourself, i dont feel like looking into benchmarks right now.

*That case isn't bad... keep it if you like it :D 

*The Corsair H100 under full load with stock fan IS LOUD but not if you replace the fans with quality ones... you can also buy this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-cpu-cooler-clw... that cooler comes with pre applied high quality fans, it performs better than the H100 and it does it while been quieter.

*You should have said that you are only planning to overclock to 4.0 before...the Coolermaster 212 EVO is more than enough for that.

cool thanks man so going to get the coolermaster 212 evo and change the Corsair GT ones i look at benchmarks :D 

Thanks for the Help
August 16, 2012 11:31:46 PM

You're welcome, if that's it then pick a best answer to close this thread
August 16, 2012 11:35:40 PM

aqualipt said:
You're welcome, if that's it then pick a best answer to close this thread

:(  how Cant remember how mate
August 16, 2012 11:54:29 PM

iDaveeFTW said:
:(  how Cant remember how mate


lol, easy, next to any of my anwsers there is a small golden title that says "Pick as best anwser" or something like that.
August 16, 2012 11:59:48 PM

nopjust got BBCode Hide Report THUMBS UP AND DOWN AND THEN PIC THEN VETERAN and more information and just reply to
August 17, 2012 12:04:39 AM

Its ok...then this isnt a question thread, its a discussion :lol: 
a b 4 Gaming
August 17, 2012 12:56:16 AM

aqualipt said:
Its ok...then this isnt a question thread, its a discussion :lol: 


quit trying bro :lol: 
a b 4 Gaming
August 17, 2012 12:57:56 AM

your in england. the samsung 830 128gb is a no brainer.

the d14 is a great cooler but depends if you care about asthetics
a b 4 Gaming
August 17, 2012 12:58:28 AM

aqualipt said:
Its not that... imagine if you and i both give advises to the same person... is that person going to trust more in you or me??? obviously you because you have higher rank


uh no. i answered like 5 of this guys posts
August 17, 2012 12:58:37 AM

TheBigTroll said:
quit trying bro :lol: 


Its not that... imagine if you and i both give advises to the same person... is that person going to trust more in you or me??? obviously you because you have higher rank
!