Help with gtx 670 please!

Durfo

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Hey guys just installed my evga gtx 670 and no matter the drivers i put in or uninstall my screen flashes crazy. ive already tried different monitors and they both have that problem. It literally hurts to look at and type this lol. Could it be a bad card or bad Drivers? I tried to record it but my when i record it with a phone it doesnt show it flashing o_O.
im runninga 3570k with 8gb ram it is installed correctly on my MOBO and ive got 650 watt power supply. What could be making it freak out? bad HDMI connector? I've tried 3 different Cords. Please help , Thanks!.

Solution
The first thing you should try is doing a clean install of the drivers. You need a utility called Driver Sweeper. Do a normal uninstall of your drivers, and then run Driver Sweeper to remove everything that starts with NVIDIA or ATI. Also delete the residue files left in the install directory for your drivers. Reboot and then install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If that doesn't work, try the card in another computer and see if you get the same results. If the same thing happens, then you may need an RMA.

In regards to the problem not showing up when recording it with your phone, you should also try looking at your monitor in the reflection of a mirror. If it doesn't show up in the mirror, your graphics card may be...

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
The first thing you should try is doing a clean install of the drivers. You need a utility called Driver Sweeper. Do a normal uninstall of your drivers, and then run Driver Sweeper to remove everything that starts with NVIDIA or ATI. Also delete the residue files left in the install directory for your drivers. Reboot and then install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If that doesn't work, try the card in another computer and see if you get the same results. If the same thing happens, then you may need an RMA.

In regards to the problem not showing up when recording it with your phone, you should also try looking at your monitor in the reflection of a mirror. If it doesn't show up in the mirror, your graphics card may be a vampire, in which case you should purchase the GIGABYTE Wooden Stake and drive it through the core.

Solution

larkspur

Distinguished

Lovin it. Or for a less expensive "home remedy" use wire ties to tie heads of garlic in strategic places in your case (pay special attention to the areas around the fan grates that's where the evil 'vapors' can get in). :na:

But seriously, follow the Chairman's suggestion with Driver Sweeper, and if the problem persists you might try something other than HDMI, but if it isn't drivers or a bad connection/improperly seated card, then it sounds like a bunk card that needs an RMA. Does it do the flashing when in the BIOS or only in Windows?

larkspur

Distinguished
Also - in Windows make sure you have your display resolution and refresh rate set to what your monitor wants. If it is a 1920x1080 60hz monitor then make sure it is set to that. A proper driver install would have done that though. But it's worth checking.

Durfo

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
So after trying everything it ended up being the resolution didnt set with the driver , after changing it back to a lower setting it started to work :D thank you all for helping!. Also that vampire joke was probably the funniest joke i've heard in a while , mainly beacuse it wasnt until i was tyiping gigabyte wooden spike into google that i realized it was a joke :D