Solved

Best GPU card <250

Hey guys im almost buying my final part for my new setup, the Graphics card and i dont want to spend over $250 US Dollars. What you guys would recommend?

I was thinking of:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102984

What you would tell me to buy?
81 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best card
  1. Yeah, that's pretty much the best out there for that price right now.
  2. which one is better?
  3. Here is an EVGA GTX 560 TI 448 cores for $239.99 after MIR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130738

    The GTX 480 is faster and $200 but the GTX 560 TI 448 core performs about the same as the 7850.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
    Check out this chart to see the comparisons...
  4. MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 570 $249.99

    but now i see that 56ti 448 been posted while shopping . . good catch pacioli!
    here is a review of the 7850 to how it stacks up tot he other suggestions:
    AMD Radeon HD 7850 and 7870 review
  5. ok make my life easier, whichone would be the best buy?
  6. from 570 448 480 and 7850
  7. is the msi 570 posted above has a good cooling system?
  8. also, anyi=one has any other opinions?
  9. So whichone you guys would say its the best? I just want to spend my money on the best...
  10. helloooo.....
  11. What i did wrong :S ?
  12. Well, all those options are good. It just depends on what games, what resolution, and how big your power supply is. In the future you could run 2 7850s on a QUALITY 500w PSU. The 480 and 570 are faster though.
  13. Quote:


    lol, pwned

    @OP, all of the cards recommended above are good. make a decision yourself, you won't be disappointed. we can't think for you, it's your money, your computer, and your time spent gaming on it
  14. stickg1 said:
    Well, all those options are good. It just depends on what games, what resolution, and how big your power supply is. In the future you could run 2 7850s on a QUALITY 500w PSU. The 480 and 570 are faster though.


    seriously? xfire on 500w o.O link me a source/elaborate or it didn't happen. I'm honestly curious
  15. The 570 is a bit faster than the 7850 but costs over 250 EXCEPT for this one!

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127682

    The 480 is slower

    Keep in mind speed changes depending on which game is played, computer hardware, etc.

    You were spanked for the helloooo post.
  16. babernet_1 said:
    The 570 is a bit faster than the 7850 but costs over 250 EXCEPT for this one!

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127682

    The 480 is slower

    Keep in mind speed changes depending on which game is played, computer hardware, etc.

    You were spanked for the helloooo post.


    I've seen a 480 run past a 580... don't tell me it's slower than a 570...

    *sits back and waits for recon-uk to upload a video :)
  17. lol sorry for the post :/ I have an tx 650w psu 3570k processor and ill use it for games like battlefield
  18. vmem said:
    seriously? xfire on 500w o.O link me a source/elaborate or it didn't happen. I'm honestly curious


    An entire system with a HD7850 uses <275w. Less than 175w of that is the card itself. Keep in mind that the 7850 only uses 1 6pin PCIe connector. Therefore, with his 3570 which is a 77w chip, but lets say he draws 95w with it, unless he has 13 HDDs 5 optical drives and 20 fans, he has power to spare. I admit it would be cutting it close, and it would have to be a silver or gold to be on the safe side, but it is possible.
  19. I'd say the HD 7850 because it can overclock easier, to 7870 speeds, in fact, than a 560ti, which can only OC upwards to a 570 stock, if not a bit more. But the 7850 runs significantly cooler.

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/518?vs=549
  20. stickg1 said:
    An entire system with a HD7850 uses <275w. Less than 175w of that is the card itself. Keep in mind that the 7850 only uses 1 6pin PCIe connector. Therefore, with his 3570 which is a 77w chip, but lets say he draws 95w with it, unless he has 13 HDDs 5 optical drives and 20 fans, he has power to spare. I admit it would be cutting it close, and it would have to be a silver or gold to be on the safe side, but it is possible.


    hmm, you're right, he'd be running ~420W or so raw. thanks for the tip bud! will remember this for the future :)
  21. stickg1 said:
    An entire system with a HD7850 uses <275w. Less than 175w of that is the card itself. Keep in mind that the 7850 only uses 1 6pin PCIe connector. Therefore, with his 3570 which is a 77w chip, but lets say he draws 95w with it, unless he has 13 HDDs 5 optical drives and 20 fans, he has power to spare. I admit it would be cutting it close, and it would have to be a silver or gold to be on the safe side, but it is possible.

    Ill be using and 1tb hdd and 1 120gb ssd and one optical drive, two sticks of ram, and 4 fans..........Can you explain the last part: "I admit it would be cutting it close, and it would have to be a silver or gold to be on the safe side, but it is possible." What you mean with that? Which one should i use by your sayings?
  22. itsmenando said:
    Ill be using and 1tb hdd and 1 120gb ssd and one optical drive, two sticks of ram, and 4 fans..........Can you explain the last part: "I admit it would be cutting it close, and it would have to be a silver or gold to be on the safe side, but it is possible." What you mean with that? Which one should i use by your sayings?


    you're in the clear for a single 7850. we were discussing the possibility of running TWO 7850s on your power supply

    the silver or gold refer to 80+ power efficiency ratings
  23. ok,so i cant run 2 of those?
  24. the amd 7850
  25. You have a 650w power supply you could run one or two with ease
  26. okay, so with the specs i have said and for games like battlefield which will be the way to go?
  27. Congrats on teh Expertness, Recon.

    I say HD 7850 or GTX 570 depending on what amount of VRAM you think you'll need. Will you be playing at 1080p or 1200p with Ultra settings and antialiasing? Or mods? The 2GB VRAM on the HD 7850 is tempting, especially knowing how high a good GCN card can overclock...
  28. actually my monitor is 1080p but iwould like using ultra and anti aliasing


    can you explain a bit of VRAM i dont understand that
  29. 570 is better for BF3
  30. btw i wont be playing just bf3, maybe some diablo 3, arma2 dayZ, and alot of games....
  31. Eh, just go for the 570, then. Get it quick - I doubt a great card like that will last long at $250.
  32. Well, i dont think i cant get it any "quick", i dont have the money atm

    So i think ill have to go with the 7850...
  33. 7850 is the most efficient graphics card at 250$ and it support DX11.1
    480 isnt an option because it need 300w power but 7850 need mere 130W
  34. oxford373 said:
    7850 is the most efficient graphics card at 250$ and its support DX11.1
    480 isnt an option
    480 need 300w power but 7850 need mere 130W


    you repeated 480 2 times,,,
  35. just buy 7850 that is my recomendation
  36. If you want to play BF3, the GTX 480 and 570 are the ways to go. The 480 is the best choice ATM because of it's low price!
  37. itsmenando said:
    btw i wont be playing just bf3, maybe some diablo 3, arma2 dayZ, and alot of games....


    bf3 is one of the most demanding games out on the market atm. the other games you mention are all FAR less demanding than bf3. long story short, if a card plays bf3 well, chances are it can handle anything else you throw at it (at least in the current market).

    anyway, the 480 typically gets my recommendation, the 7850's your safe and conservative choice (due to the 480's power draw and heat issues with insufficient cooling)
  38. okay but willthe 7850 hold bf3 good?
  39. gtx 480
  40. @aqualipt, we can discuss this elsewhere. I'll find an appropriate place and start a new thread and pm you with the link :)

    @OP I apologize for somewhat hijacking your thread. anyway, here's tom's review on the 7850. as you can see, it holds bf3 just fine under 1080p :)

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7870-review-benchmark,3148-6.html
  41. what OP means? by the way i think its me, if its me i dont really mind...
  42. the 7850 doesnt appear on those charts

    Edit: I saw it know sorry
  43. itsmenando said:
    what OP means? by the way i think its me, if its me i dont really mind...


    OP=opening poster. or you :)
  44. itsmenando said:
    the 7850 doesnt appear on those charts

    Edit: I saw it know sorry


    the middle chart's the one you want to pay attention to, where the 7850 is pulling 54 frames per second on high settings at 1980x1080p. keep in mind that's stock clocks. if you overclock your card a little, I'm sure it can average 60fps :D
  45. what do you think i can run battlefield on ultra overclocking a bit?

    Also can yoou find a chart with the 480 in?
  46. GTX 480 = FTW! ;) EVGA 015-P3-1480-KR GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130759#top
    $199.99
  47. SECOND CHOICE $249.99
    MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127682#top
  48. itsmenando said:
    what do you think i can run battlefield on ultra overclocking a bit?

    Also can yoou find a chart with the 480 in?
    I think you can i will ask my son tomorrow hes asleep right now but he has 480 and would know :) I wouldn't OC the 480 though not with the stock cooler you need to replace it with this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426026&Tpk=gelid%20icy%20vision#top
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics Product