Problem in graphic card

Hi, I just got my brand new gaming PC delivered and after I installed all the essentials i tried running pes12 and 5 minutes into the game my PC crashed badl. The game screen froze and it got all blurry and colorful and there was a looping sound coming from the headphones. This problem persisted all day on few more games, the time before the crush varies though. I just played 2hrs of fifa12 and it was fine until it suprised me with another crash.

I did alot of browsing here and there and tried many things. I tried uninstalling the old version drivers. I tried puting the RAM in the spare slots, I also tried reinstalling graphics drivers and motherboard drivers. I have also checked all the fans and they are working perfectly fine at all times.

I am using a 64bit Windows 7
CPU - Intel Core i7 2600k
MB-ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard
RAM - 8gb g.force 1600mhz (2x4)
Hard Drive -1tb S-ataIII 6.0gb/s
Graphics -ASUS GTX 550 Ti 1 gb
PSU - 520w seasonic

The temp ranges from 45 to 50C in normal usage and 50-65 during games..I also updated my drivers to 301.42 version

I would appreciate any advice on how to approach this.
4 answers Last reply
More about problem graphic card
  1. when you installed the graphic drivers from nVidia did you check "clean install"?
  2. Ya i did that and moreover before installing the new drivers i removed the old drivers using drive sweeper...
  3. In normal usage temp is 40 to 45C
  4. well we could go round and round and maybe find something, but it isn't your RAM and that is a good PSU, and if the card is not running correctly with the latest drivers installed; sounds like that card is bad.

i am sorry. i hope you can get a RMA since it is new without too much trouble.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics