Redoing windows. request quick reply!!

okay, Basically 2 things. Got a 6gb/s HDD and another 3GB/s HDD. I want to utilize all the speed from the 6gb one while I'm gaming as well as the space. I redo windows every other month. I don't keep data on my Main hd so space should be minimal. I'm curious on 2 things.

I've got the 3gb/s 250GB HDD from a notebook a while ago. It's decent drive average speeds. I am curious if it's worth running my OS on to that drive instead of the 6gb/s drive. Now, the reason is simple. I figure if there's no os running on the 6gb's drive perhaps It will make my gaming smoother. Or will the os being on a slower drive affect my gaming regardless of my games drive?

Request quick response would like to get this done tonight thanks in advance.

Also, Bought a new power supply from a new computer. Curious if it is better than the solytech 600w one. Got the model number. SL 8600 eps.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182032

the new one.
3 answers Last reply
More about redoing windows request quick reply
  1. to be honest, you aren't going to notice the difference between SATA II and SATA III on any mechanical hard drive
  2. agreed.
  3. If you want to fully utilize the bandwidth of a Sata 3Gbps or Sata 6Gbps buy an SSD
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Hard Drives Systems Product