Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ringing Volume on 6230

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 5:32:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi there,
I just bought a NOKIA 6230 to replace my NOKIA 3650. I have noticed that
the ringing volume on this new phone is very soft although the volume is up
to 5. Is this normal or do you think I must chenge it for a new phone.

Secondly I'm having trouble to copy my contacts from my 3650 to my SIM card
so I can copy it to my new phone.

Your suggestions will be very welcome and helpfull.

Regards,
Deon H

More about : ringing volume 6230

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 6:54:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi JL.
Thanx for the prompt reply.

Regarding the copying of my contacts ... My 3650 does not have an option to
copy all the contacts on my phone to my SIM. I looked everywhere and could
not find it.

Regards,
Deon
August 26, 2004 7:38:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
news:Xns95519E2BAE67FdeonNOSPAMpesscoza@196.25.240.158...
> Hi there,
> I just bought a NOKIA 6230 to replace my NOKIA 3650. I have noticed that
> the ringing volume on this new phone is very soft although the volume is
up
> to 5. Is this normal or do you think I must chenge it for a new phone.
>
> Secondly I'm having trouble to copy my contacts from my 3650 to my SIM
card
> so I can copy it to my new phone.
>
> Your suggestions will be very welcome and helpfull.
>
> Regards,
> Deon H

I guess ringing volume is a pretty subjective thing, but I thought it was
quite loud. Do the ringing tones come out of the little speaker on the side?
Is it blocked or anything..?
What are you using as a ring tone? One of the standard ones, or an MP3 file
or similar?

ChrisM.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 7:38:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

ChrisM,
thanx for the reply. I use a 16note polyphonic ringtone for my rings. Any
other suggestions will be very helpfull.

Regards,
Deon
August 26, 2004 9:16:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
news:Xns9551ABF99AFEdeonNOSPAMpesscoza@196.25.240.158...
>
> Hi JL.
> Thanx for the prompt reply.
>
> Regarding the copying of my contacts ... My 3650 does not have an option
to
> copy all the contacts on my phone to my SIM. I looked everywhere and could
> not find it.
>
> Regards,
> Deon

I had a quick peep at the user maual for the 3650.
http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,18451,00.html

It does list a way of copying a number to the phone.
"If you want to copy a phone, fax, or pager number from Contacts to your SIM
card,
go to Contacts, open a contact card, scroll to the number, and select
Options. Copy
to SIM direct."

It doesn't say if there is a way of doing the whole lot in one go, rather
than one number at a time. Maybe someone who has the phone knows of a way.
This is just a guess, but can you sync the numbers to the computer off the
3650 and then sync them back to the 6230 in some way?

Cheers, JL
August 26, 2004 9:30:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
news:Xns95519E2BAE67FdeonNOSPAMpesscoza@196.25.240.158...
> Hi there,
> I just bought a NOKIA 6230 to replace my NOKIA 3650. I have noticed that
> the ringing volume on this new phone is very soft although the volume is
up
> to 5. Is this normal or do you think I must chenge it for a new phone.
>
> Secondly I'm having trouble to copy my contacts from my 3650 to my SIM
card
> so I can copy it to my new phone.
>
> Your suggestions will be very welcome and helpfull.

This could come down to personal preference but i find the ring tone on my
6230 is the loudest on any nokia phone that I've had. These include 3210,
3310, 3330, 3410, 7210, 7650 but then I'm using the simple ringing rather
than a tune. You could try taking it into a high street mobile shop and
asking them if they think it's not loud enough.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 6:26:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

No, you cannot copy all of them in one go to the SIM.
You have to do it one at a time. And thats completely lame.

However, you can export all your contacts to your PC/laptop via the
Nokia software and *try* importing them to your new phone.

Nithin
------------------
www.nitboss.com

"JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:<412e0cf7$0$49130$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>...
> "Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
> news:Xns9551ABF99AFEdeonNOSPAMpesscoza@196.25.240.158...
> >
> > Hi JL.
> > Thanx for the prompt reply.
> >
> > Regarding the copying of my contacts ... My 3650 does not have an option
> to
> > copy all the contacts on my phone to my SIM. I looked everywhere and could
> > not find it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Deon
>
> I had a quick peep at the user maual for the 3650.
> http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,18451,00.html
>
> It does list a way of copying a number to the phone.
> "If you want to copy a phone, fax, or pager number from Contacts to your SIM
> card,
> go to Contacts, open a contact card, scroll to the number, and select
> Options. Copy
> to SIM direct."
>
> It doesn't say if there is a way of doing the whole lot in one go, rather
> than one number at a time. Maybe someone who has the phone knows of a way.
> This is just a guess, but can you sync the numbers to the computer off the
> 3650 and then sync them back to the 6230 in some way?
>
> Cheers, JL
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 2:13:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I don't know if this is relevant to you but HTH -

I managed to get all the contacts off my Nokia by 'marking' them all,
exporting them as an email to myself (to my desktop), then dragging
the attached contacts from the email into my BlueTooth file transfer
window. The new phone received 40 business cards one after the other
with no intervention necessary. The biggest pain was copying all the
new cards into Contacts. And all the edited labels were lost.

On 9 Sep 2004 14:26:39 -0700, nitboss@gmail.com (Nithin Bose) wrote:

>No, you cannot copy all of them in one go to the SIM.
>You have to do it one at a time. And thats completely lame.
>
>However, you can export all your contacts to your PC/laptop via the
>Nokia software and *try* importing them to your new phone.
>


>Nithin
>------------------
>www.nitboss.com
>
>"JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:<412e0cf7$0$49130$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>...
>> "Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
>> news:Xns9551ABF99AFEdeonNOSPAMpesscoza@196.25.240.158...
>> >
>> > Hi JL.
>> > Thanx for the prompt reply.
>> >
>> > Regarding the copying of my contacts ... My 3650 does not have an option
>> to
>> > copy all the contacts on my phone to my SIM. I looked everywhere and could
>> > not find it.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Deon
>>
>> I had a quick peep at the user maual for the 3650.
>> http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,18451,00.html
>>
>> It does list a way of copying a number to the phone.
>> "If you want to copy a phone, fax, or pager number from Contacts to your SIM
>> card,
>> go to Contacts, open a contact card, scroll to the number, and select
>> Options. Copy
>> to SIM direct."
>>
>> It doesn't say if there is a way of doing the whole lot in one go, rather
>> than one number at a time. Maybe someone who has the phone knows of a way.
>> This is just a guess, but can you sync the numbers to the computer off the
>> 3650 and then sync them back to the 6230 in some way?
>>
>> Cheers, JL
Related resources
!