Ringing Volume on 6230

Hi there,
I just bought a NOKIA 6230 to replace my NOKIA 3650. I have noticed that
the ringing volume on this new phone is very soft although the volume is up
to 5. Is this normal or do you think I must chenge it for a new phone.

Secondly I'm having trouble to copy my contacts from my 3650 to my SIM card
so I can copy it to my new phone.

Your suggestions will be very welcome and helpfull.

Regards,
Deon H
7 answers Last reply
More about ringing volume 6230

    Hi JL.
    Thanx for the prompt reply.

    Regarding the copying of my contacts ... My 3650 does not have an option to
    copy all the contacts on my phone to my SIM. I looked everywhere and could
    not find it.

    Regards,
    Deon

    "Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > I just bought a NOKIA 6230 to replace my NOKIA 3650. I have noticed that
    > the ringing volume on this new phone is very soft although the volume is
    up
    > to 5. Is this normal or do you think I must chenge it for a new phone.
    >
    > Secondly I'm having trouble to copy my contacts from my 3650 to my SIM
    card
    > so I can copy it to my new phone.
    >
    > Your suggestions will be very welcome and helpfull.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Deon H

    I guess ringing volume is a pretty subjective thing, but I thought it was
    quite loud. Do the ringing tones come out of the little speaker on the side?
    Is it blocked or anything..?
    What are you using as a ring tone? One of the standard ones, or an MP3 file
    or similar?

    ChrisM.

    ChrisM,
    thanx for the reply. I use a 16note polyphonic ringtone for my rings. Any
    other suggestions will be very helpfull.

    > Hi JL.
    > Thanx for the prompt reply.
    >
    > Regarding the copying of my contacts ... My 3650 does not have an option
    > copy all the contacts on my phone to my SIM. I looked everywhere and could
    > not find it.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Deon

    I had a quick peep at the user maual for the 3650.
    http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,18451,00.html

    It does list a way of copying a number to the phone.
    "If you want to copy a phone, fax, or pager number from Contacts to your SIM
    card,
    go to Contacts, open a contact card, scroll to the number, and select
    Options. Copy
    to SIM direct."

    It doesn't say if there is a way of doing the whole lot in one go, rather
    than one number at a time. Maybe someone who has the phone knows of a way.
    This is just a guess, but can you sync the numbers to the computer off the
    3650 and then sync them back to the 6230 in some way?

    Cheers, JL

    "Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > I just bought a NOKIA 6230 to replace my NOKIA 3650. I have noticed that
    > the ringing volume on this new phone is very soft although the volume is
    up
    > to 5. Is this normal or do you think I must chenge it for a new phone.
    >
    > Secondly I'm having trouble to copy my contacts from my 3650 to my SIM
    card
    > so I can copy it to my new phone.
    >
    > Your suggestions will be very welcome and helpfull.

    This could come down to personal preference but i find the ring tone on my
    6230 is the loudest on any nokia phone that I've had. These include 3210,
    3310, 3330, 3410, 7210, 7650 but then I'm using the simple ringing rather
    than a tune. You could try taking it into a high street mobile shop and
    asking them if they think it's not loud enough.

    No, you cannot copy all of them in one go to the SIM.
    You have to do it one at a time. And thats completely lame.

    However, you can export all your contacts to your PC/laptop via the
    Nokia software and *try* importing them to your new phone.

    Nithin
    ------------------
    www.nitboss.com

    "JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:<412e0cf7$0$49130$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>...
    > "Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hi JL.
    > > Thanx for the prompt reply.
    > >
    > > Regarding the copying of my contacts ... My 3650 does not have an option
    > > copy all the contacts on my phone to my SIM. I looked everywhere and could
    > > not find it.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Deon
    >
    > I had a quick peep at the user maual for the 3650.
    > http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,18451,00.html
    >
    > It does list a way of copying a number to the phone.
    > "If you want to copy a phone, fax, or pager number from Contacts to your SIM
    > card,
    > go to Contacts, open a contact card, scroll to the number, and select
    > Options. Copy
    > to SIM direct."
    >
    > It doesn't say if there is a way of doing the whole lot in one go, rather
    > than one number at a time. Maybe someone who has the phone knows of a way.
    > This is just a guess, but can you sync the numbers to the computer off the
    > 3650 and then sync them back to the 6230 in some way?
    >
    > Cheers, JL

    I don't know if this is relevant to you but HTH -

    I managed to get all the contacts off my Nokia by 'marking' them all,
    exporting them as an email to myself (to my desktop), then dragging
    the attached contacts from the email into my BlueTooth file transfer
    window. The new phone received 40 business cards one after the other
    with no intervention necessary. The biggest pain was copying all the
    new cards into Contacts. And all the edited labels were lost.

    On 9 Sep 2004 14:26:39 -0700, nitboss@gmail.com (Nithin Bose) wrote:

    >No, you cannot copy all of them in one go to the SIM.
    >You have to do it one at a time. And thats completely lame.
    >
    >However, you can export all your contacts to your PC/laptop via the
    >Nokia software and *try* importing them to your new phone.
    >

    >Nithin
    >------------------
    >www.nitboss.com
    >
    >"JL" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:<412e0cf7$0$49130$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>...
    >> "Deon H" <deonNOSPAM@pess.co.za> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Hi JL.
    >> > Thanx for the prompt reply.
    >> >
    >> > Regarding the copying of my contacts ... My 3650 does not have an option
    >> > copy all the contacts on my phone to my SIM. I looked everywhere and could
    >> > not find it.
    >> >
    >> > Regards,
    >> > Deon
    >>
    >> I had a quick peep at the user maual for the 3650.
    >> http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,18451,00.html
    >>
    >> It does list a way of copying a number to the phone.
    >> "If you want to copy a phone, fax, or pager number from Contacts to your SIM
    >> card,
    >> go to Contacts, open a contact card, scroll to the number, and select
    >> Options. Copy
    >> to SIM direct."
    >>
    >> It doesn't say if there is a way of doing the whole lot in one go, rather
    >> than one number at a time. Maybe someone who has the phone knows of a way.
    >> This is just a guess, but can you sync the numbers to the computer off the
    >> 3650 and then sync them back to the 6230 in some way?
    >>
    >> Cheers, JL

Nokia Phones