Monitor Issues.(faint lines ingame,VGA port not working)

lykal

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Thanks for reading, let me say upfront I'm not exactly the most tech savvy person.
I recently bought a new computer from CyberPower without a new monitor and have been having a few problems with it, when I first got it I noticed it came with I think is called a VGA(blue 15 pins) to DVI-I Dual Link adapter (24pins, 1 long and 2 under and on top of the long 1)..

The computer has ports for both, but the 15 pin one doesn't work, As in I don't get a signal if the monitor is plugged into that one, I can use the the adapter to plug into the other one and I get a signal, I'm not sure if the computer is made to not read that port from an option somewhere on the computer or what..

But (not sure if related or now) during playing games I get faint lines going up/down the screen that are mostly seen in darker areas of games, I've googled this problem and havent found and sure-fix to it and I have tested it on a few games with various settings. V-sync fixed the lines on one game, but not on another so I'm not sure.

Help would really be appreciated, Ask any questions and I'll happly provide more info or computers DXDiag if needed, thanks ahead of time..