Computer will randomly freeze for a couple minutes

mckaguer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Hello there,

So not quite sure what happened to my hard drive yesterday, could no longer load windows, coudln't fix this so reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Had no problems for at least an hour while re installing all the programs I use. After updating I went to watch a movie, seems like about every half hour it would freeze for a couple mins. I checked the computer I could still use the mouse and still close the program, but could not open anything else until a couple mins had passed. When those couple mins were up the movie would continue from where it froze without missing a beat. Now today just started using my computer again was playing WoW same thing happened, comp froze but mouse was working though couldn't open anything else. No idea where the problem is, so seeing if anyone else has had an experience like this.

Thanks for any help.

doug2325

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Agree with Brett sounds like failing hard drive, happened to me a few months ago with a vaio but i dropped mine, and it started hanging, and then eventually it hung on windows start up and just wouldn't even boot.. Best of luck :\

drew13

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
One of my friends needed her laptop worked on and the same thing was happening, at first I thought it was a virus because every time the scan got to some file (can't remember) it froze like this. I installed Windows 7 on it and it worked just fine. (obviously not the case for you). I agree with Brett, sounds like a failing hard drive and you should go and get a new one for ~$60.