Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 28, 2012 1:00:17 AM

I am looking for some help, recently put together a new build

Asus z77
8mb corsair 1600
i5 3570k
EVGA GTX 670 FTW
Running Video and Sound through HDMI

Everything was running fine yesterday. For instance with SC2 I was pulling 150 fps on ultra

Now today I keep getting this weird static feedback from the sound running through the HDMI and the framerate is down between 30-40 FPS

Ran 3D Mark and my Score was P6759

Any ideas on the issue or how to troubleshoot?

More about : problem evga 670 ftw

a b U Graphics card
June 28, 2012 1:22:59 AM

Interesting... Are you running sound through your monitor? I have the same card but I've only run sound via hdmi into a receiver once and it worked and sounded fantastic.

Also, what driver version are you running? PSU stats? and can you give us temps of the card using gpu-z or something?
m
l
June 28, 2012 1:47:54 AM

Yea, until this weekend I am using my TV as a monitor. When my sis in law moves out of my basement this weekend I will be going back to using my receiver lol.

PSU Corsair 750HX

GPU Temp is about 67c unde load

It worked/sounded fantastic until today. Not sure what happened

everything is just totally distorted now. Had the same issue with SC2 AND when I ran 3dMark
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 28, 2012 3:39:17 AM

I don't really have any suggestions yet and I'm off on holiday tomorrow...

It really could be anything. It could have been an MS update, so I recommend re-installing the latest nVidia drivers. You should also try a different PCI-E slot if you have a spare one. Lastly, is there any way you can test using some normal speakers that plug into your motherboard? Then switch back to your 670 for sound.

I hope it gets sorted out! :) 
m
l
December 11, 2012 6:21:42 PM

Hi,

Did you ever solve this? I am having a similar issue. I have an Nvidia GTX 660 and run video and audio through HDMI. After playing a little on a game, the sound starts stuttering and gets white noise, the frame rate drops tremendously. Then the sound goes away and the frame rate returns.

m
l
!