Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Ok, Current System Specs:
Intel DH67BL Mobo
i3 2120 3.3ghz processor
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition video card
8gb Corsair XMS-3 Ram Chips (2x4gb)
520w Antec PSU

My question is basically, Should I over-clock the processor to make it more even or balanced with the video card ? I only game really on this computer, 99% of my stuff is gaming. Now, When I run skyrim "Which I hear is suppose to be processor heavy / big load" I get about 35%-43% cpu usage atm, Graphics on Medium, "My new GPU gets here in 2 days thats the 7870," so, Once I up my graphics the usage will probably go up on my processor, Is it necessary to OC now, or do you think it can handle itself ? I mean its an awesome processor, Eventually I will upgrade to an i7 once I have enough money saved up :)

Solution
G
You could always save your money and buy an i5 which is a hell of a lot of fun to overclock!

bigtalon

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

Why can't the i3 be overclocked ? you would think it would be unlocked XD, Guess I will be upgrading sooner then I expected

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
The i3, along with most CPUs, cannot be overclocked because Intel feels their architecture is so well optimized, they can sell a 3.0GHz CPU & not worry about people complaining about performance - which is true, if you own a modern Pentium, you'd think it's more than fast enough with daily tasks. On top of that, Intel sells a special line of unlocked processors, the K series, which they charge people more for - getting more money in the process.

G

You could always save your money and buy an i5 which is a hell of a lot of fun to overclock!

Solution