Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro, Crossfire, A New Graphics Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 28, 2012 4:00:37 AM

Hello,
A just had a few quick questions:
1. Is a ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro able to do Crossfire?
2. I don't completely know wat Crossfire is, but from what I read it seems to be soemthing in a graphics cards that enables it to work alongside another crossfire ready graphics card to display graphics. Am i right?
3. I ask this becasue I was planning to buy anothe ATI Radeon HD 2400, or a better graphics card in the same series cause a lot of the games I want to run don't properly run (like Skyrim, Batman Arkham city, and well...more). Any suggestions for a second graphics card?
-I would like a reccomendation for a video card that's under $50. I'm not rich lol.
Thanks in advance, and if possible please focus on the third question if any of them. All three answered would be wonderful. :) 
EDIT:
Run into a problem. The budget just got cut to $30. Would I be able to get 2 ATI 7xxx series cards for under $30?!?

Best solution

a c 114 U Graphics card
June 28, 2012 4:13:37 AM

Since ATI is into the 7xxx cards, a 2400(2xxx card) is not a good idea. It was always more of a HTPC card.

Something like a 6670 DDR3 may be a good fit, but it is just a bit out of budget. 54.99 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
June 28, 2012 4:17:29 AM

1+ to nuke master. It is high time for an upgrade, crossfire on such a low card would not help much and crossfire drivers and scaling tend to mess up at times.
Score
Related resources
June 28, 2012 4:38:25 AM

EDIT:
Run into a problem. The budget just got cut to $30. Would I be able to get 2 ATI 7xxx series cards for under $30?!? I really want to play Skyrim.
P.S. Thanks for the fast responses.
Score
June 28, 2012 4:41:03 AM

Servotron96 said:
EDIT:
Run into a problem. The budget just got cut to $30. Would I be able to get 2 ATI 7xxx series cards for under $30?!? I really want to play Skyrim.

Sorry to tell you but unless you get a good deal on a used card there is no way you can get a 7000 series for 30 or under.
Score
June 28, 2012 4:42:51 AM

rishiswaz said:
Sorry to tell you but unless you get a good deal on a used card there is no way you can get a 7000 series for 30 or under.

Thanks. I'll go web shopping now. :p 
Score
June 28, 2012 4:45:04 AM

Best answer selected by servotron96.
Score
a c 114 U Graphics card
June 28, 2012 4:50:03 AM

Corssfire is used most with very high(more performance then many need) or mid end(2 x mid end cards on sale can many times beat a single higher end card on price and performance) cards.

that part aside, you also need a crossfire ready board. So we need more specs.

@ $30 you are not getting 2 of anything. It will be very hard to get a good card in that price range.

For instance you can get a 8400GS for $30, but it is SLOWER then your card.

You are best to lower in game settings and save up some more. even $50 was a tight budget for gaming.
Score
June 28, 2012 4:56:43 AM

nukemaster said:
Corssfire is used most with very high(more performance then many need) or mid end(2 x mid end cards on sale can many times beat a single higher end card on price and performance) cards.

that part aside, you also need a crossfire ready board. So we need more specs.

@ $30 you are not getting 2 of anything. It will be very hard to get a good card in that price range.

For instance you can get a 8400GS for $30, but it is SLOWER then your card.

You are best to lower in game settings and save up some more. even $50 was a tight budget for gaming.

What kind of specs do you need?
(For future reference.)
Score
!