Closed Solved

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro, Crossfire, A New Graphics Card

Hello,
A just had a few quick questions:
1. Is a ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro able to do Crossfire?
2. I don't completely know wat Crossfire is, but from what I read it seems to be soemthing in a graphics cards that enables it to work alongside another crossfire ready graphics card to display graphics. Am i right?
3. I ask this becasue I was planning to buy anothe ATI Radeon HD 2400, or a better graphics card in the same series cause a lot of the games I want to run don't properly run (like Skyrim, Batman Arkham city, and well...more). Any suggestions for a second graphics card?
-I would like a reccomendation for a video card that's under $50. I'm not rich lol.
Thanks in advance, and if possible please focus on the third question if any of them. All three answered would be wonderful. :)
EDIT:
Run into a problem. The budget just got cut to $30. Would I be able to get 2 ATI 7xxx series cards for under $30?!?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon 2400 crossfire graphics card
  1. Best answer
    Since ATI is into the 7xxx cards, a 2400(2xxx card) is not a good idea. It was always more of a HTPC card.

Something like a 6670 DDR3 may be a good fit, but it is just a bit out of budget. 54.99 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102988
  2. 1+ to nuke master. It is high time for an upgrade, crossfire on such a low card would not help much and crossfire drivers and scaling tend to mess up at times.
  3. EDIT:
    Run into a problem. The budget just got cut to $30. Would I be able to get 2 ATI 7xxx series cards for under $30?!? I really want to play Skyrim.
    P.S. Thanks for the fast responses.
  4. Servotron96 said:
    EDIT:
    Run into a problem. The budget just got cut to $30. Would I be able to get 2 ATI 7xxx series cards for under $30?!? I really want to play Skyrim.

Sorry to tell you but unless you get a good deal on a used card there is no way you can get a 7000 series for 30 or under.
  5. rishiswaz said:
    Sorry to tell you but unless you get a good deal on a used card there is no way you can get a 7000 series for 30 or under.

Thanks. I'll go web shopping now. :P
  6. Best answer selected by servotron96.
  7. Corssfire is used most with very high(more performance then many need) or mid end(2 x mid end cards on sale can many times beat a single higher end card on price and performance) cards.

that part aside, you also need a crossfire ready board. So we need more specs.

@ $30 you are not getting 2 of anything. It will be very hard to get a good card in that price range.

For instance you can get a 8400GS for $30, but it is SLOWER then your card.

You are best to lower in game settings and save up some more. even $50 was a tight budget for gaming.
  8. nukemaster said:
    Corssfire is used most with very high(more performance then many need) or mid end(2 x mid end cards on sale can many times beat a single higher end card on price and performance) cards.

that part aside, you also need a crossfire ready board. So we need more specs.

@ $30 you are not getting 2 of anything. It will be very hard to get a good card in that price range.

For instance you can get a 8400GS for $30, but it is SLOWER then your card.

You are best to lower in game settings and save up some more. even $50 was a tight budget for gaming.

What kind of specs do you need?
    (For future reference.)
  9. The board must be crossfire(normally has the crossfire logo on it) ready and have at least 2 pci-e slots. Normally X16.

For lots more info check this out.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245454-33-crossfire-faqs
  10. nukemaster said:
    The board must be crossfire(normally has the crossfire logo on it) ready and have at least 2 pci-e slots. Normally X16.

For lots more info check this out.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245454-33-crossfire-faqs

Thank you! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon ATI Graphics Cards Crossfire HD Graphics Product