Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Good build for extreme gaming and high durability?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 17, 2012 5:31:10 AM

*BASE_PRICE:[+829]

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CAS:Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage (Black Color) [+18]

CD:Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [+4] (BLACK COLOR)

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]

FAN:* Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan [+4]

FREEBIE_MB:GIGABYTE GC-WB300D Exclusive Bluetooth 4.0/WiFi PCIe Expansion Card [+0]

FREEBIE_VC1:FREE Borderlands2 Game Coupon [+0]

HDD:500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD [-15] (Single Drive)

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD: (Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Razer Cyclosa Gaming Keyboard & Abyssus Gaming Mouse [+0]

MEMORY:8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance [+0])

MOTHERBOARD:[CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+48]

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS:None - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY [-83]

POWERSUPPLY:* 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+63]

RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+271] (EVGA FTW Edition [+20])

_PRICE: (+1187)

Buying this from cyberpowerpc, please check if the hyper 212 evo is gonna fit in this 9inches wide case + 120mm side fan.
Is the motherboard good for mild overclocking? And i might add a 2nd GTX 670 FTW in the future, not soon though.
Any suggestion/recommendation? Please review carefully, I won't be getting new pc again for the next 4 or 5 years.
Thanks.

Best solution

Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
August 17, 2012 5:44:39 AM

yes the EVO will fit w/o a problem and that board will most defiantly get you a good 4.2Ghz overclock. since you have two PCI-E x16 slots that will run x8,x8 mode it will run a SLI 670 FTW set up no problem and the PSU is enough for that.

aside from getting changed quite a sum of money the build is fine for what you're looking for. though it hurts to see someone spend $1200 on a rig w/o an SSD for an OS/APPS drive and a HD for storage.
Share
August 17, 2012 5:46:33 AM

Best answer selected by quangluu96.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 17, 2012 5:48:57 AM

it's a budget, i dont really need SSD, 20 second late window startup ain't gonna end my life.
m
0
l
August 17, 2012 5:51:09 AM

Anonymous said:
yes the EVO will fit w/o a problem and that board will most defiantly get you a good 4.2Ghz overclock. since you have two PCI-E x16 slots that will run x8,x8 mode it will run a SLI 670 FTW set up no problem and the PSU is enough for that.

aside from getting changed quite a sum of money the build is fine for what you're looking for. though it hurts to see someone spend $1200 on a rig w/o an SSD for an OS/APPS drive and a HD for storage.


Anything else or im good to go :D , by the way is it gonna fit the side fan too?
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
August 17, 2012 6:05:11 AM

quangluu96 said:
Anything else or im good to go :D , by the way is it gonna fit the side fan too?

you're good to go. if there are any problems cyberpower will deal with it but i can't see any including the side fan; that is a sizable case.
edit: i double checked and the inside diameter of the case is 175mm and the EVO is under 160mm; enough room for a fan (which will be vertically lower than the heat sink anyhow.)
m
0
l
August 17, 2012 6:57:50 AM

Anonymous said:
you're good to go. if there are any problems cyberpower will deal with it but i can't see any including the side fan; that is a sizable case.
edit: i double checked and the inside diameter of the case is 175mm and the EVO is under 160mm; enough room for a fan (which will be vertically lower than the heat sink anyhow.)


Thanks.
m
0
l
!