Nzxt source 210 front intake

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
a few question about the nzxt 210. I have already ordered the nzxt source 210 elite, so no case recommendations.

My most important questions are over the front panel. I plan to put 2 blue cm sickleflow fans on the front intake. In pictures, there appears to be a gap around the front. is this so? If there is really a gap there, would on be able to see the glow of case fans?

How would I go about installing the front intake fans? I have read that I would need to remove the 3.5 inch cage. this would be unusual for me.

My next questions involve fan placement. I plan to install a liquid cooling cpu cooler. where should I put the fan and in which direction should it blow? Is there any special method for removing the case fan to install the cpu LC radiator?

Thanks

P.S. $30 new zalman lq-310 at newegg.com, got that instead of hyper 212 evo

There is a gap, so that the fans can pull in a little air. It's not going to be great air flow coming through there I think, and I can't say how much glow will leak through.

From what I have seen, you should be able to get the fans in there without removing cages.

Put the radiator where the rear case fan is now, with the fan blowing through it, out the back. I don't think you got any bonus to cooling with that cooler, possibly it's even less efficient that the Hyper 212 EVO... but I can't say for sure as it hasn't been reviewed properly.

Yep, but those single 120mm rads don't do too much, and that is a thin one. It won't be bad cooling though, and as you say it can be nice to not hang the big cooler on the board.

Perhaps it will be similar to the Corsair H55 or H50:
http://techgage.com/article/keeping-it-cool-corsair-hydro-h60-update-and-h55-review/2/

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012

i'll check idle temps. I overclocked to 4.2Ghz with hyper 212 evo and temps didn't change whatsoever. I will expect the same from this cooler before I go to 4.4Ghz