Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Stock cooler with MX-4

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 12:30:19 AM

Hey, me again, and again, building a Pentium G860 system, I plan to use the stock cooler either as a permanent or temporary solution - how does this cooler work with MX-4? I heard the cooling performance degrades with after market paste, as I saw from a chart from what I think was from Hardware Secret's. If I could use MX-4 with it, I'm gonna be a happy boy gentlemen. :3

More about : stock cooler

Best solution

a c 146 à CPUs
January 1, 2013 12:51:07 AM

payturr said:
Hey, me again, and again, building a Pentium G860 system, I plan to use the stock cooler either as a permanent or temporary solution - how does this cooler work with MX-4? I heard the cooling performance degrades with after market paste, as I saw from a chart from what I think was from Hardware Secret's. If I could use MX-4 with it, I'm gonna be a happy boy gentlemen. :3

It won't help much it is still a stock cooler and still won't be great. For best temps it's a good idea to get a good aftermarket cooler instead of the stock heatsink. I would never use the stock heatsink unless it is a computer for everyday where the CPU won't be put under much load.
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 12:54:05 AM

Best answer selected by payturr.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 12:54:37 AM

True, true, I was thinking that would be the case. Probably will put a CM air cooler in the machine after all, thanks rds!
m
l
!